• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me understand these Roland specs......

Bob Loblaw

I'm looking at the GX-24 and I'm trying to understand what these specs mean. Can someone help me understand these 3 specs so I can accurately compare machines:

Mechanical resolution0.000492 in./step (0.0125 mm/step)
Distance accuracy(1)Error of less than ±0.2 % of distance traveled, or ±0.1 mm, whichever is greater
Repetition accuracy (1)(2)±0.1 mm or less

what is mechanical resolution refer to?
What is the difference between distance accuracy and and repetition accuracy?

Thanks in advance!!!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Mechanical resolution: Who knows, who cares
Distance accuracy: How accurately it can cut over a long distance
Repetition accuracy: How accurately it will reproduce the same shape over and over

I personally wouldn't worry about these specs - how the machine performs in real life has nothing to do with the numbers on the spec sheet.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mechanical resolution is simply how much the motor moves per step. The smaller the number, the higher resolution you get. Extreme low resolution will give you stair stepped curves and high gives you smooth curves. That being said, you couldn't tell the difference between most modern machines with the naked eye so as said above, it's mostly a useless spec.

rjssigns

I'm looking at the GX-24 and I'm trying to understand what these specs mean. Can someone help me understand these 3 specs so I can accurately compare machines:

Mechanical resolution0.000492 in./step (0.0125 mm/step)
Distance accuracy(1)Error of less than ±0.2 % of distance traveled, or ±0.1 mm, whichever is greater
Repetition accuracy (1)(2)±0.1 mm or less

what is mechanical resolution refer to?
What is the difference between distance accuracy and and repetition accuracy?

Thanks in advance!!!
Do your own calcs based on the linear measurement of your run. You will find that the specs ain't so swift. I agree with White Haus specs don't mean squat. You need to test it with your own files.

I bought a Summa because I can load it and walk away. Graphtec is another good choice. Either one is good if you value your sanity and bottom line