• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me with this design on the inside of this font

altereddezignz

Need help on creating the inside of this text like it is here using illustrator. There is a way to do it kinda like in Photoshop using the bevel and extrude. I need to prints a wrap but i need to overlay a part of it with a neon solid vinyl so easier to create all in illustrator.

Thanks

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_21 Aug. 30 15.30.jpg
    ScreenHunter_21 Aug. 30 15.30.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 174

altereddezignz

It has to be this exact font. I am redrawing the font used for this client. The are 11 cars this way. Just trying to figure this out.

altereddezignz

I need to reword all this I think. I have found the font that was listed in the last reply. I can use that for this job. My main goal with this was to learn how to do this type of shadow chisel effect without the need of a chisel font but instead adding the effect in to any font. Thanks.

peavey123

No one? Okay guess I'll explain. Kind of difficult to explain without actually doing it, but here it goes.

1. Convert font to outlines
2. Select the text and then select "object > path > Offset path" and offset with a minus value to get the small inset border. Make this object a different colour so you can see it better.
3. You need a path running along the center of the font that you will use to split the offset layer. Either manually draw it or offset another path (there are multiple ways to go about this)
4. You now need a path in the corners to get the sharp angles as well as in the curves. Using the pen tool draw lines where corners meet. Match the angle by copying a path and drag the path to the appropriate part of the curves where the bevel splits. These lines will also be used to split the offset layer.
5. Select you offset path layer and the paths from step 3 & 4. Go to the pathfinder and select "divide" Then ungroup. Now you should have all the pieces you need minus the angled parts at the stems.
6. Delete or re-colour the pieces to suit your design.
7. Using the direct selection tool (A) select the middle nodes at the stems. Use the transform panel to move the nodes a set amount. Repeat this step for all the stems. You will have to draw the stem pieces on the left sides btw.

That's it. Quite easy to do. Hope this makes some kind of sense?

aburiedheart

Designer/Project Manager
You can build these with the pen tool. Use different colors for shading and maybe add a gradient. I would place the image in Ai and trace it.

I do this probably 2 times a week for customers.