• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP...Mimaki won't boot up

JoeMedia

Hi,
We have a Mimaki CJV30 and just replaced the head. Now the machine won't boot up. When we turn the main power on, the boot screen will turn on for a fraction of a second and then do nothing. The machine is getting power (I can see the led on the main board is lit). Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe

JoeMedia

We just put the old head back in and it still won't boot. I've had the head out before to change the manifold and never had a problem. Could the ribbon cable from the board to the head cause this? It's the only cable we had the unplug and maybe it got crimped. Ideas?

WestbankKurt

Not booting

I had the battery go out on our CJV30-160 and it wasnt even that old. Took off the back panel and replaced and was good to go. I just wanted to throw that out there as it may or may not be of any help but who knows in the future?

MikePro

had this happen to me on my mimaki jv3. after freaking out for a bit, i removed and reseated all of my ribbon cables and it fired-up like a charm.

JoeMedia

Thanks for the input. I reseated the cables a few times with no luck. I just got in touch with the company I bought the head from and they think I fried the main board. I didn't unplug the machine when I changed the head....thought turning the main power off would be enough. I guess I was wrong. Not a good day.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
The main power via the white switch on the side. If just the green button on the front, then yes it's fried. Also, even after unplugging one you need to wait at least 15 minutes to be certain that any capacitors are also discharged or you also risk frying the main board.