• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help moving Roland 540I

thesignguy1986

We are going to be moving a Roland 540i from Lousville Kentucky to NW Ohio on a 6 hr trip. Wondering best way to move it. It will be inside an extended cargo van and strapped down well along with the head locked in of course. My question is do I need to flush all the inks from line or anything or can we ship straight to shop and hook back up? When we've done our Mimaki twice about that distance if not a little longer we just did a nozzle clean and then unplugged and strapped down well and 8 hours later plugged back in. I want to make sure it is done correctly so any help is much much appreciated

Robert M

That move

Do what you are doing but make sure to dump the waste bottle. I have seen printers where we left the cartridges in start to siphon and drain the inks so you may want to pull them

thesignguy1986

Do what you are doing but make sure to dump the waste bottle. I have seen printers where we left the cartridges in start to siphon and drain the inks so you may want to pull them
I am heading 5-6 hours most then instantly plugging back in but do you think it will be fine and heads won't dry up? I get very worried about something like that happening....So you suggest that I pull the ink as well or just the waste bottle? The mimakis just took ink waste off and left cartridges in so air douldn't get into lines and that was fine but never moved a roland before and ive got 12 hours before I unplug it lol So help is defintally appreciated

Robert M

Moving rolands

When the versacamm first came out we loaded one on to a hospital gurney and drove it all over the west. We would leave it in the back of a truck overnight without issues. We only had the ink siphon once so then we started pulling the carts.