• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help- Mutoh VJ1204 Nozzle Problems

mikeandbobs

It's been a while since I have posted- so hello, My name is Glenn and I am in Macclenny, FL just outside of Jacksonville. I was hoping someone has seen a nozzle check like the attached pattern and can give me some insight. I have soaked the head, completed 2 heavy cleanings and replaced my wiper... any thoughts?

Attachments

• 100_7786.jpg
    100_7786.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 159

MachServTech

Are you talking about the distorted nozzle test with the additional blocks?

Bad head board or cable.

swap cables to determine the issue.

heyskull

I rekon that's an electrical problem.
Not a blocked head as you can see it is still printing the test pattern.
Something is touching and making it overprint.
Double check your cables and then I would be thinking about a new head!
How old is the machine?

SC

mikeandbobs

bought in june of 2007... this started last night. 2 beautiful prints and then the craziness started. Will check double check all the cables again. Appreciate the info... I'll be posting updates.

mikeandbobs

double checked all cables- switch cables to head, no difference. I then prayed, and now the printer will not turn on- checking all electrical feeds.

mikeandbobs

ok- a miracle happened... the power came back on! Again, after prayer... now the carriage return clip (not a tech term i know) pops down to move the initially left movement for the head, but then when it wants to return to the home position, the piston won't return up to allow the movement- it makes a loud "pop" sound and error messages on...

Robert M

That clip

Check to make sure that clip is clean and moves up and down easily, it is spring loaded. I have seen where the bracket that holds the assy will get bent forword, if that is the case bend it back.

mikeandbobs

THanks for the info- I doubled checked and it is good. I think it's something electronically- I taped down the bottom piece and the machine is operational. Still double print black issue... striping through all prints. Updated firm ware, no change on problem. Any thoughts?