• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help. My sp300 won't go off .when pressing subpower

madmark7

I need to put the printer in service mode to calibrate The limit initialize. But I need the priter to be off in order to do that
I replaced the pump and a printhead and since I did that without going through service mode then I have to recalibrate everything through service mode but the machine goes on and stays on even when turning the subpower off . it stays off for seconds and then it turns on again. It shows "cleaning" on the screen for seconds then it sounds like the pump is working for like two seconds and then it shows code 0101 again. Then I turn the subpower off and then again it goes back on. Supposedly the printer should be off in order to enter the sequence of keys to go to service mode .
Please advice .thanks

InkjetAuction

Code

SP-300 is pretty old...about 13 years since they last made that one.

This what I would do--

Turn the main power off and remove the battery.
Turn the main power back on. If it doesn't automatically turn on the you can enter service mode here.

If it powers on by itself, you will probably see "press power to clean" Just press the service mode sequence right after you see the "press power to clean" message. The sequence will work.

Since you are removing the battery it might be a good time to replace it. The replacement is a simple CR2032 lithium coin battery. Costs about 2 bucks at CVS.
The battery powers the on-board clock and keeps the time and date when there is no power to the board. After you remove the battery there will be no time set-- it will be null (or something like null).
Since there is no time, the printer has no idea when it was last cleaned so it forces a cleaning cycle. Going into service mode at this point will stop the cleaning cycle and you'll be able to do the stuff necessary to troubleshoot your problem.

The 0101 is a linear encoder error. It's not sensing the encoder when it starts the cleaning cycle. You'll need to look at the encoder scale and sensor.

Good luck!

~E

player

SP-300 is pretty old...about 13 years since they last made that one.

This what I would do--

Turn the main power off and remove the battery.
Turn the main power back on. If it doesn't automatically turn on the you can enter service mode here.

If it powers on by itself, you will probably see "press power to clean" Just press the service mode sequence right after you see the "press power to clean" message. The sequence will work.

Since you are removing the battery it might be a good time to replace it. The replacement is a simple CR2032 lithium coin battery. Costs about 2 bucks at CVS.
The battery powers the on-board clock and keeps the time and date when there is no power to the board. After you remove the battery there will be no time set-- it will be null (or something like null).
Since there is no time, the printer has no idea when it was last cleaned so it forces a cleaning cycle. Going into service mode at this point will stop the cleaning cycle and you'll be able to do the stuff necessary to troubleshoot your problem.

The 0101 is a linear encoder error. It's not sensing the encoder when it starts the cleaning cycle. You'll need to look at the encoder scale and sensor.

Good luck!

~E

If you pull out the battery do you lose all your setup, calibrations and settings? That would suck.