• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help -- need 4'x8' board source for Mimaki JV4

legalvision

Graphic Designer
We have been purchasing 4'x8' boards pre-mounted with inkjet receptive paper - specifically for dye/pigment/water based ink - for our 8-9 year old Mimaki JV4. As you know, we can feed these pre-mounted boards directly through the printer on rollers, thus forgoing any after-mounting process. We have been purchasing our pre-mounted boards from Nielsen Bainbridge, but they recently informed us that they are discontinuing the manufacture of these boards. We need to find another vendor who produces these types of boards. Some potential replacement vendors have told us that we should be able to print directly onto foam-board or clay surfaces, but we've tested their samples, and we can't. The ink will not absorb. There seem to be many solutions for solvent or UV printers, but not inkjet with dye/pigment ink (as opposed to solvent). We need to find a vendor who can provide paper-mounted 4'x8'boards.
Thanks in advance,
Zoe

CS-SignSupply-TT

legalvision, please call my friend Tony Lampariello with AGFA (formerly known as Charrette/Pitman) 8003673729. Tony WILL know the source for you