• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help need vinyl removal advice?

Nuagedesigns

I am faced with removing the old OEM striping off of a 1998 motor home. I have all my tools ready, MBX vinyl Zapper, heat gun and Vinyl off as well as other various removers. Zapper removed vinyl off of metal doors and cab just fine. When I went to use the zapper on rear aluminum panels the oxidized area above and below striping will take the paint right down to aluminum with one quick swipe. There fore I guess I'm faced with hand removal. Just curious if anyone has any secret recipes or techniques as this stuff is just ridiculous. Definitely the worst removal job to date. Vinyl Off seems to not be working to well.

Any suggestions?

Nuagedesigns

Thanks guys,

Heat and Vinyl OFF are like magic. Just the key to how much heat. All done. Very weird though it was a 4 color stripe all with separate individual stripes and for what ever reason one stripe was cracked peeling and completely faded. This one stripe pulled the paint clear to the aluminum. The rest peeled off quite nice. Oh well now off to the detail shop to be buffed out and detailed inside and out then will return next week for the new stripes design yet to be determined.

Thank you for the comments.