• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Needed for Falcon 48"

Arthur Sanchez

Well here it goes. My printer was printing beautiful then the colors started disappearing. Black, Magenta then all of them. Cleaned the printhead, changed the dampers But still no ink. Can pull ink from the line above the dampers, can pull ink from dampers, but not from CS. I also don't see any ink going into the waste bottle when I do a cleaning ( I don't think that's a good sign) cleaned the lines from CS to ink waste bottle. Did I have to do a head rank after I cleaned them? If so How do you put the 5 numbers from the printhead into the printer? Is it the pump? CS? Printheads? Fuses? All of the above? I hope to get help from my fellow Mutoh owners, the techs charge so much when you can find them & actually fix so little. It's a great printer but I'm wondering if I should buy another brand with local techs easier to find. would appreciate any help.

artbot

you don't need head ranks after cleaning a capping station. as for all the colors disappearing, you definitely have a clotted cs. print heads rarely fail at the same time. but colors do. i'd look to the pump first, make sure there isn't an air leak defeating your attempts to pull ink. but even with an air leak, you should get some latent ink. is it no ink at all? be careful not to pull too hard due to the vacuum you can physically put on a print head. you might have a really really gummed up cs. also, is there any ink on your gears which shows a sign of pump failure?

Arthur Sanchez

No ink at all. I also mentioned that I pulled the printheads out & cleaned them. I want to know since I pulled them out if I need to rank them & how it's done for future reference.
Thanks

Ghost Prophet

Capping station does not have to be clogged for it to stop working...

Your print heads/capping station could be misaligned. Have you "homed" your cap/heads since cleaning them? This is required but also may not solve your problem.

You will know if the two components are aligned correctly when you can pull ink through the waste lines from the capping station while pushing your head carriage all the way to the right side. Helps to have an extra person help when you do this.

During that process, if you can't pull anything from the lines then your lines or station are clogged up. If you get air then you're fine but need to get your stuff lined up properly. Don't give up!!

artbot

stuff to check, splits in the pump tube ends going to caps, pumps etc, look for ink on your gears (a sign that the tube is broken inside the pump). if you need to find the air leak, take the tube off the bottom of the cap, put a syringe with fluid on it and put fluid pressure in the line while clamping off the bottom/waste line. the fluid will start leaking out and drip where, or if you have an air leak between the cap and waste.