• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Needed, New Heads Going Bad

hanother

Hello, I'm hoping I can get some help/advise on my problem. My machine is an SP300V. My problem seemed to start when I switched over to Triangle Ink but may be a coincidence. The black started firing like you see in the picture. The heads were five years old at this point so I replaced both heads with "bargain" heads I found thru an ebay search. They are Roland brand heads with head rank priced @ $800.00 a piece. Good deal? maybe, maybe not. After installing, head ranking and aligning the new heads we were back to new condition. All good... I thought but after three months the black returned to how it looks here. I replaced the head again and three months or so again we are back here again. My question is has anyone had a problem with these bargain heads or a problem with black triangle ink shortening the life of the black side of the print head?

Is it possible that something with the board is causing this side of the head to fail? I did have an issue with a blown fuse & transistor on that head.

Considering replacing head again and going back to Roland Ink.

Attachments

• test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:

FrankW

I would try to replace the head cable for black, it's cheaper than replacing a head, and could be a reason too.

kffernandez

that black head looks like the time i ran mine through an ultrasonic machine. actually, it also happened when i pushed too hard with my cleaning solution as well. in other words, in those cases i think the membranes inside the head were messed up by the pressure.

edit: it could also be that i messed up some of the electronics in the process.

kelly

hanother

Thanks for the info Kelly, have you had any experience using the heads for sale on ebay for around $800.00?

Any experience using Triangle inks?

Rafael_Tech

Your problem is definitely the ink. I would consider changing ink to at least RedGiant brand but you'll have to flush the lines and print heads to avoid clogging problems, using cleaning cartridges.