• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help needed!

anozira02

Did anyone in the room have personally installed his or her heating device for Roland Cj-500 for solvent ink. I need help with hooking up PID Controller CTG 6131p. Can't seems to find proper diagram for this device... All help appreciated!

Large Format

Yes I have installed several of these kits. But I would not recommend Solvent ink on a CJ-500. The ink is very hard on the heads and capping station. Very important=-== parts on this printer are now special order and could take weeks to ship. We had to wait 4 weeks to receive parts. If you wish to print with Solvent buy a Solvent Printer.

anozira02

Try to tell that to Dave at solventprinterconversion.com and also a few in here who did converted their printers to solvent ink and having great luck with it. I do understand that you do have to exchange out a host of ink related parts for it to work. You'r not a Roland rep by any chance are you?

Large Format

No I am not a Roland Rep nor do I work for Roland. However I am an Authorized Roland dealer. 10 years in Arizona and Nevada. Large Format Printers (LFP). I have been servicing Roland's for about 15 years. I started with the CJ-70 up to AJ-1000. We have converted many printers to Solvent. Yes a CJ-500 will convert to Solvent, but, It is very slow, challenging profiles, and high maintenance. The problem will be replacement parts, we are running out. From Roland or China.... no parts. Come on down to my shop in Phoenix, I have all the printers lined up in my showroom or service bay. I will boor you to tears with info.

Peter
LFP

anozira02

Hey, what ever it's worth I am in Prescott, Az not far from you, also want to share with you that I have not had any problem buying Roland parts from digiprint-supply.com They always had what I wanted but of course I am paying near retail for them, which may not work for you.

anozira02

Yes, It prints beautiful most of the guys who have done it think so too! I am in the middle of converting my Fj-52 and my CJ-500 which I will keep since I do a lot of decal cutting. As for the Fj-52 I will sell as soon as I am done with the heater installation, it be ready to run on Mild or Eco solvent inks. These printers not the fastest running printers but I tell you....the replacement parts are much cheaper then their newer Roland brothers and a hell of a less money too. Smaller shop can not afford those new machines, I know I can't but if I could I would buy a new one! They are great machines.