• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!! Omega Bond cutting method?!

PrintWorkz

Ok so I'm new in the sign making business and I'm trying to work with a new substrate (Omega Bond, Dibond etc.) I'm trying to figure out an easy method on cutting this material down. I'm used to working with foam board and chloroplast but this material is a lot tougher. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

rjssigns

I second the table saw. I use 7-1/4" Oldham X-Cel Carbide circular saw blades on my table saw. They have a super narrow kerf and go through ACM like a laser. Amazing on plastic too. I have one blade for each material.

PrintWorkz

Thanks everyone of the input I have a few upcoming projects and this is the material the client wants to use. Btw do you guys know of any how-to videos that I can refer to ??

Zac

Mediocre Designer
There should be tutorial on YouTube for most of your needs, or wikiHow/Instructables. Just type in "How to ____" or "_____ basics/101". Or just ask and while you may get some snotty remarks from pros, we all had to start somewhere and need a little reassurance even if it feels like a stupid question.

PrintWorkz

Thanks I'll check you tube

There should be tutorial on YouTube for most of your needs, or wikiHow/Instructables. Just type in "How to ____" or "_____ basics/101". Or just ask and while you may get some snotty remarks from pros, we all had to start somewhere and need a little reassurance even if it feels like a stupid question.

Marlene

Thanks everyone of the input I have a few upcoming projects and this is the material the client wants to use. Btw do you guys know of any how-to videos that I can refer to ??

are you cutting shapes or just to size? if just to size cut it like wood with a saw. if shapes, that's a whole other thing and a whole other type of saw. we have a panel saw to cut to size and a jg saw for shapes