• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help on a HUGE full color tribal job ATTN. Wholesalers

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi all, Im looking for any large format wholesalers who think they may be able to handle the following:

I have a Renegade RV (32') + a 30' trailer that I am suppose to be installing full color tribal graphics on. The graphics are "Print and Cut" and will be about 9' tall x 75' long. Im posting a picture of one of the proof's I sent my customer.

My regular wholesale provider was unable to complete this work, so before I tell the customer no, Im looking to see if anyone else may be able to complete this job.

Please contact me asap through my email onlyjames@hotmail.com
Or on my cell, 703-229-9436

Thanks all

Attachments

• Renegade.jpg
    Renegade.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 105

onlyjames

FYI, the graphic has changed slightly, but this gives a general idea of how large this job is.

Graphics on both sides only.

Jim Doggett

At that width, hand-trimming is probably the best solution. If it needs to be seamless (whew! hard to handle, or even lift), folks with billboard printers can help. But at that size, panel lines are invisible at intended viewing distance (the distance at which you can acxtually see the graphic/message). Most folks with 64" wide or wider printers should be able to knock it out for you, at a fair price, I'd think.

My $0.02,

Jim

onlyjames

Thanks Jim,

and yes, panels are a must with this, and not a problem.

The main issue I face here is getting this contour cut.....it is the ideal solution....and I know this customer would want nothing less.

Does anyone have any thoughts about contour cutting this? That is the problem I ran into yesterday.

Has anyone ever contour cut something like this...or close to it?

Circleville Signs

I've never seen a 120" plotter. And that's what you're gonna need to pull this off.

Additionally, anything using ARMS for the contour solution is going to get pretty "off" on something that size. (height wise).

Jim Doggett

Thanks Jim,

and yes, panels are a must with this, and not a problem.

The main issue I face here is getting this contour cut.....it is the ideal solution....and I know this customer would want nothing less.

Does anyone have any thoughts about contour cutting this? That is the problem I ran into yesterday.

Has anyone ever contour cut something like this...or close to it?

I have, but it's a bit tricky on the contour-cut, with panel overlaps. So unless it's a real intricate design, throwing it on the work table and hand-trimming is fast and easy ... just not too many cups of strong coffee before hand :^)

Hand-trimming. I think that's how I'd go with it, IMO.

Jim

The only way to handle this reasonably is to tile the job and contour cut the panels either by hand or on a plotter. I doubt you can find 120" vinyl or a plotter. Even if you could install would be next to impossible.

You could modify the design to work around the limitations by making sure than none of the individual elements are wider than a printer or plotter can produce. Then you would have to manually position the decals and build the graphic. That's not impossible but it would be tough.

~Chris

CL Graphics

your better off wrapping the whole thing. Your gonna have the same amount of material in it and you wont have to worry about getting all the contour cut panels lined up. Only part I would print cut is the piece that goes up on the cab

onlyjames

I may have to...this is becoming more work than its worth....im thinking about trying to explain why a full wrap my be better for him.

That may be the best idea...

Letterbox Mike

I'm with Jim Doggett. Print it and hand trim it. it's not intricate at all, anyone with a somewhat steady hand could hand trim that easily. If you can't print it yourself, outsource it to Merritt and have them panel it and print it and ship it to you, then just lay it out on the floor or table and start trimming. Really wouldn't be too difficult at all if you break it into smaller pieces.