Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help help on a mutoh 1204 ? my mutoh 1204 has a life times (head) & life times (PF motor)

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by scott dunacn, May 16, 2020.

1. scott dunacn

scott dunacn adgrafix

Aug 27, 2018
    alabama
    ? my mutoh 1204 has a life times (head) & life times (PF motor) happens when i turn the printer on how do fix

Tags:
  2. fuzzy_cam

fuzzy_cam The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy

Mar 7, 2017
    Granbury, TX
    Reset the timers. Lower head height, power off. Hold the top, right, and bottom arrows on the key pad and power up the machine, release the buttons after you hear the beeps. I can't recall exactly where they are, but the menu you are looking for is somewhere along the lines of Init>Counter, then you should see Head & PF Motor, select initialize on both. Restart the machine and the errors should be gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Agree with above. Just a note, make sure not to initialize the NVRAM. People tend to want to reset everything in that menu once they see it the first time. Resetting NVRAM basically clears everything out and that is a headache to fix if you don't have you parameters downloaded already.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Umca

Umca Member

Sep 4, 2015
    UA
    Wrong.
    Hold <Left>,<Right>,<Down> together while power on.

5. fuzzy_cam

fuzzy_cam The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy

Mar 7, 2017
    Granbury, TX
    That's probably right. There are two menus, I always choose the wrong one first!

6. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Same

7. David40

David40 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    nowhere
    Actually there are three menus. The Main menu when you start normally and then there is a Diagnostics menu and a Maintenance menu.