Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help on the way: CARE Act

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by gnemmas, Mar 30, 2020.

1. gnemmas

gnemmas Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    CA
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Great information. IM awaiting confirmation from my accountant and payroll person as to how to apply. Ive got 4 employees...plus myself.

3. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I know the PDF doesn't mention it, but are these "loans" the 10 year 4% loans that required all sorts of compliance updates to qualify?

4. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Very Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Hopefully not but I think most sba loans are. We have one on our building and we have to send them financials plus employment updates every year.

5. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    There is a lot of info there. I applied for the Disaster loan of $10k already that's almost automatically forgiven for businesses thru SBA online. That was called the COVID 19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan. That was pretty easy to fill out. The CARES act was more involved from what I saw. I called my bank and they are participating in the SBA loans...so I know they will have my back at the outset of this. The issue was they could not provide me guidance on the different loans or grants offered yet as they didn't have all the guidelines themselves. The payroll protection was my main concern....I have great team and need to keep them together. That off the bat is forgivable by SBA if used to retain and keep people on the payroll.

6. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Everything for applying will be made available on the SBA's website, according to Secretary Mnuchin. Only the disaster loan application is available right now.

• Like Like x 1