• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help on tricky install

I am doing a partial wrap on a new ford van. it is handicap accessible from one side, and so has large metal pieces coming out of the side of the vehicle that hold the door against the side of the van when they are open.

We already did the other side, and it came out great. Just wondering if anyone has any helpful pointers or suggestions on how to get around these cleanly, as unfortunately, they cannot be removed. I would have to disassemble the whole door to get the nuts off of the backs of it, and still, wouldn't be able to reach all of them. Anyone dealt with this? pointers?

Attachments

• van1.jpg
    van1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 92
  • van2.jpg
    van2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 67
  • van3.jpg
    van3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 72

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
It isn't hard to pop the door panels and take those brackets off. 3 or so screws and maybe a clip or 2 and your able to remove the panel for access to the bracket fastener. As for the one by the rear tire you might have to loosen the inner fender shield to get to that one.

Speedsterbeast

Turn the screwdriver to the left until all of the screws come out on the brackets. Then install the wrap. Then turn all the screws to the right in their original holes until they are tight. If there are nuts on the other side you may have to use a wrench (use the size of wrench that matches the size of the nut to make it easier)

ProWraps

Turn the screwdriver to the left until all of the screws come out on the brackets. Then install the wrap. Then turn all the screws to the right in their original holes until they are tight. If there are nuts on the other side you may have to use a wrench (use the size of wrench that matches the size of the nut to make it easier)

yeah dont do that. see the post above this guys.

HulkSmash

Sure if you want to take the interior panels out to hold the nuts while you unscrew the screws in the front?

Do how prowraps suggested.

4R Graphics

Like Pro wraps said

Apply the panel and trim as you go around the brackets not hard just have to go slow and trim straight.