• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Onyx 10 not showing colour when using Spot

Chasez

Running onyx 10 on win 7 pro system, illy cs6. Have a simple vector based drawing and on the bottom layer I have the items I want printed in full colour (a blue and gray) and then on another layer ontop of the print layer I have one for the spot colour (white). Everything is as I would always do it (spot labeled correctly etc.) but when I bring in the file to preflight it shows the spot colour no problem, but when I take away the spot in colour correction tab it shows no colour print. I figured maybe had to do something with the build of the file, so I went back to Illy and rebuild the file from the bottom up. Still ended up with the same issue, full colours wont show up in preflight. I thought well wtf so I removed the spot colour (hit the eye) from the file and saved it and opened up in preflight... BAM! full colour shows flawlessly... so now what do I do? I haven't done any system changes etc. or installed new drivers or anything of those sorts. I have restarted onyx, and the pc multiple times but no luck! I opened up some other files that have a similar (if not exactly same) setup and they won't show the colour in the files as well.. I have tried changing profiles etc. but still don't get the spot and cmyk..

HELP! this is driving me bonkers... it is probably going to be something so stupid that I've missed or something like that because it's a Monday morning!

Thanks!
Chaz