• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help or Ideas Anyone?

sar bossier

Help, please? I have a client that owns a really small butcher shop/market, and wants a CHEAP way to advertise meat packages. In the past, we have done 24x18 coro signs, but he now wants the ability to change portions of the meats, poundage, and pricing, based on availability. Offered him a menutrack system option, costs too much, and needs to go pretty high up on the wall. Anyone have any ideas to offer?

:thankyou::U Rock:

Last edited:

sar bossier

2CT - Yeah, I was kinda leaning that way myself - thin styrene strips with velcro, so he can change out the stuff on the coro as needed. Anyone else?

Thanks, 2CT.

Marie

Put his logo and wording that doesn't change ( per lb. or ground beef) on a dry erase board, and let him write & erase as needed.

ThinkRight

Glue some plastic tracks on your printed coro,and get numbers and or letters to slide in.
Like the old school gas station signs .
Printed on plastic and channels o slide in price.
Inexpensive and custom.

sar bossier

Glue some plastic tracks on your printed coro,and get numbers and or letters to slide in.
Like the old school gas station signs .
Printed on plastic and channels o slide in price.
Inexpensive and custom.

This was one of my first thoughts - but he has too many things to change - all over the place.

Thank you to all of you for the great ideas and suggestions :U Rock::bushmill::toasting:

Pat Whatley

Do a chalkboard, it will have a much more classic look to it and it won't turn pink after he uses red markers on it everyday.

You can do chalkboard paint and use a matte finish digital print of THIS STUFF for the header. It'll look awesome.

axis

I'd push the chalkboard, though I'd be inclined to use chalkboard paint. I'd worry that, given the amount of wiping it would get, the vinyl would start lifting at the edges.

I have a feeling that if you billed your client for the time you've spent trying to think of a solution that will cost him next to nothing, he could have purchased a readerboard. :)

Back in the day, we'd speed letter a bunch of white butcher paper banners once a week for the local grocers.

3Dee

How about a regular vinyl print with name, logo, graphics etc. on a permanent board ... and static cling vinyl for the changing copy...?
You will keep them as a recurring customer while allowing them the ability to change the signage as needed.
They order the changed copy, you produce it, they pick it up and pay.

J

john1

I'd simply decline doing this job, I mean you already have more into it than you want to spend and he will pay. Sounds like a cheap'o to me and not someone i would want to do work for.

Tell him to go beat his meat lol