• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!! Paragraph text problems in P'shop

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I am finding it a pain-if I cut and try to paste text into a layer on a pic, it all lands in one superlong line that runs off the pic. If I click to drag a paragraph text box, and click to paste text into that, the top line lands there, and that's it- the next seems to be below the bottom, in an invisible auto-overflow mode.

The enter button doesn't help by adding a carriage return- the balance of the text still disappears.

The Layer>type>convert to paragraph text is OK. It just won't appear to do what is supposed to do for me.

I did work out the solution a couple of years ago, once, but have forgotten it- does anyone have any ideas at all?

Thanks!

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Thanks Doug- I've been offline trying again. I'll check your post there, but I headed to Indesign to work there (as P'shop refused to comply!)- applying the background, P'shp'd pix, and text as text instead.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Got it!!!

The paragraph text attributes were set for leading to be 499 points, instead of <auto>.

Thanks for prompting me into figuring it out, Doug!