Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! Paragraph text problems in P'shop

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Ian Stewart-Koster, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    I am finding it a pain-if I cut and try to paste text into a layer on a pic, it all lands in one superlong line that runs off the pic. If I click to drag a paragraph text box, and click to paste text into that, the top line lands there, and that's it- the next seems to be below the bottom, in an invisible auto-overflow mode.

The enter button doesn't help by adding a carriage return- the balance of the text still disappears.

The Layer>type>convert to paragraph text is OK. It just won't appear to do what is supposed to do for me.

I did work out the solution a couple of years ago, once, but have forgotten it- does anyone have any ideas at all?

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    hit ya with a reply over in the 'ville.
    I'll be up awhile if ya got ?'s

3. Ian Stewart-Koster

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    Thanks Doug- I've been offline trying again. I'll check your post there, but I headed to Indesign to work there (as P'shop refused to comply!)- applying the background, P'shp'd pix, and text as text instead.

4. Ian Stewart-Koster

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    Got it!!!

The paragraph text attributes were set for leading to be 499 points, instead of <auto>.

Thanks for prompting me into figuring it out, Doug!