• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!!! Please!!!!!!!!! Control panel not working on 1204

TDFcustomSL

I just went to turn on my VJ1204 and the control panel is dead, the machine will turn on but there are no lights on the panel and none of the buttons seem to work! I cant even press enter to initialize the media to print anything! someone please tell me if this can be fixed or what I need to do!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Does the orange light turn on the key pad and nothing else happens? If so, turn the machine off and unplug it. Hit the power button to discharge the machine and then take the back platen cover off. This will expose the main board which is located on the left of the machine from the back. Take the memory chip out (just like on a computer) and use air duster to blow all of the dust out. The use a lint free swab to clean off the memory leads. Pop everything back in and turn on the machine. This should do the trick.

TDFcustomSL

Does the orange light turn on the key pad and nothing else happens? If so, turn the machine off and unplug it. Hit the power button to discharge the machine and then take the back platen cover off. This will expose the main board which is located on the left of the machine from the back. Take the memory chip out (just like on a computer) and use air duster to blow all of the dust out. The use a lint free swab to clean off the memory leads. Pop everything back in and turn on the machine. This should do the trick.

No, nothing lights up on the control panel. I can push the power button and the machine will start up and initialize but I cant push enter to measure media width and when I push the power button to turn the machine off it doesn't turn off.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try the memory anyway. If it doesn't work it could be the panel board, cable or main board. The memory trick works so well that I try it first in these cases.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me

Along with this examine the data cable between the pad and the board. Some times ink will get splashed on the cable from the cleaning station and can eat up the cable.
It if still looks good try cleaning and reseating it at both ends. Resistance can build up on the contacts enough to cause errors.

wayne k
guam usa

TDFcustomSL

Along with this examine the data cable between the pad and the board. Some times ink will get splashed on the cable from the cleaning station and can eat up the cable.
It if still looks good try cleaning and reseating it at both ends. Resistance can build up on the contacts enough to cause errors.

wayne k
guam usa

There is a little ink splatter on the cable but it doesn't visually appear that it has eaten into it at all.