• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help, please help mutoh repair problem

clockwork

I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Junior; the black ink has stopped printing suddenly. I have done powerful cleanings, nozzle checks, purchased and installed a new black ink cartridge. The machine is 1 1/2 yrs old and is out of warranty. I have been offered by Calgraph, a service agreement for $1,700.00. I have also priced one of their techs coming out-$175.00 per hour from their door to mine + parts and labor, or $300.00 to come and diagnose, $300.00 more to bring parts +parts and labor. OUCH!! If anyone has advice to offer here, please let me know. Has anyone delt with a similiar situation?

Jackpine

Calgraph, a service agreement isn't any good on existing problems. I was offered the same agreement. I got mine from SSK also and was just going to do my own repairs with the help from their tech team. I have found some sellers on eBay that sell parts pretty cheap and there is a service manual you can download. Part sellers and the manual can be found by searching here or you can PM or email me and we can share info. I did replace a maintenance station (capping station and pump assembly). Was't that difficult. Good luck.
Gerry

clockwork

Thanks for the info. I am also considering the do it yourself route. Although a little scary, If a person can build it, surely I can take it apart and rebuild it. I kind of thought signpile.com might be related to SSK. I sure hate it that they went under. Thanks again. When I figure out what the problem is, I'll sure pass along the remedy (if I come up with one).