Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help, please help mutoh repair problem

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by clockwork, Mar 23, 2007.

1. clockwork

clockwork New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Junior; the black ink has stopped printing suddenly. I have done powerful cleanings, nozzle checks, purchased and installed a new black ink cartridge. The machine is 1 1/2 yrs old and is out of warranty. I have been offered by Calgraph, a service agreement for $1,700.00. I have also priced one of their techs coming out-$175.00 per hour from their door to mine + parts and labor, or $300.00 to come and diagnose, $300.00 more to bring parts +parts and labor. OUCH!! If anyone has advice to offer here, please let me know. Has anyone delt with a similiar situation?

Tags:
  2. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Calgraph, a service agreement isn't any good on existing problems. I was offered the same agreement. I got mine from SSK also and was just going to do my own repairs with the help from their tech team. I have found some sellers on eBay that sell parts pretty cheap and there is a service manual you can download. Part sellers and the manual can be found by searching here or you can PM or email me and we can share info. I did replace a maintenance station (capping station and pump assembly). Was't that difficult. Good luck.
    Gerry

3. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

4. clockwork

clockwork New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Thanks for the info. I am also considering the do it yourself route. Although a little scary, If a person can build it, surely I can take it apart and rebuild it. I kind of thought signpile.com might be related to SSK. I sure hate it that they went under. Thanks again. When I figure out what the problem is, I'll sure pass along the remedy (if I come up with one).