• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP PLEASE! Mimaki JV33-130 Issues

bawraps

Thanks for all the help!

I still have crappy prints, but they're a little better.

I was wondering if someone could provide what they have their routine and sleep mode maintenance schedule set to. Also what should the wiper scan count be set to. I think part of the problem was that the wiper wasn't wiping frequently enough and that's why there was ink on the bottom of the head.

I'm still hoping for a miracle but I'm getting closer and closer to throwing in the towel as I don't know how to do anything else with the thing.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Some of the sleep settings, wiper interval etc might need to be adjusted some depending on how much the machine is run every day. One thing we never do is shut it completely off. The only time we hit the green button or the side power switch is if I'm going to do a manual cleaning or something.

On ours -

Setup Type 1
Refresh Level 3
Feed Speed 100%
Auto Cleaning On
Print Cleaning Off

Maintenance
Sleep Setup
Refresh Interval 4h
Clean Interval 12h
Pump Tube Wash 48h

gabagoo

Are all the samples printed on the same vinyl? If so what is it? I ask as I too have a mimaki and I am not sure why, but the Avery wrap material for me sort of printed the blacks like this, not nearly as bad, but almost as though the ink was sitting on top of the vinyl and you get a streaking effect.

I switched back to 3M with no problems at all.

So for me it was probably a bad profile

bawraps

Are all the samples printed on the same vinyl? If so what is it? I ask as I too have a mimaki and I am not sure why, but the Avery wrap material for me sort of printed the blacks like this, not nearly as bad, but almost as though the ink was sitting on top of the vinyl and you get a streaking effect.

I switched back to 3M with no problems at all.

So for me it was probably a bad profile

Most of the test prints are on a General Formulations Product. Whether it be their Automark or just generic white vinyl. I was just trying to run some of the garbage out of the nozzles so i didn't want to waste my good material. I've gone through A LOT of material and cleaning solution the past couple weeks. :/

bawraps

Some of the sleep settings, wiper interval etc might need to be adjusted some depending on how much the machine is run every day. One thing we never do is shut it completely off. The only time we hit the green button or the side power switch is if I'm going to do a manual cleaning or something.

On ours -

Setup Type 1
Refresh Level 3
Feed Speed 100%
Auto Cleaning On
Print Cleaning Off

Maintenance
Sleep Setup
Refresh Interval 4h
Clean Interval 12h
Pump Tube Wash 48h

Thank you!

So you leave your machine on all night even?

InstantOneMedia

What kind of ink are you using? OEM? We had a similar problem caused by Triangle Black Ink which is "chemically and color compatible." Even though Triangle picked up the warranty on the print head when we switched to their inks, they found contaminates in the nozzles that they said was not from their ink. When the print head was replaced, the same thing happened about 3 weeks later. We immediately switched back to Mimaki ink, did 1 nozzle soak and the problem was solved.

bawraps

What kind of ink are you using? OEM? We had a similar problem caused by Triangle Black Ink which is "chemically and color compatible." Even though Triangle picked up the warranty on the print head when we switched to their inks, they found contaminates in the nozzles that they said was not from their ink. When the print head was replaced, the same thing happened about 3 weeks later. We immediately switched back to Mimaki ink, did 1 nozzle soak and the problem was solved.

We've never used anything other than Mimaki ink in it.