• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please - Need Smart Car Dimensions for Vehicle Wrap

Signs4Realtors

Can someone with the vehicle outlines file for the brand new Smart Car please email me the dimensions from front to back for the side of the vehicle. My outlines don't give me the 1/20th scale dimensions that I need to print the attached file to full scale. Email is info@951graffix.com Thanks!

Attachments

• SmartCarLayout.jpg
    SmartCarLayout.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 964

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I have ProVehicle Outlines and for the side I get H 59.86" x W 97.849 and back H 61.25 x W 61.682 (with mirrors - W 58.248 without mirrors)

phototec

Can someone with the vehicle outlines file for the brand new Smart Car please email me the dimensions from front to back for the side of the vehicle. My outlines don't give me the 1/20th scale dimensions that I need to print the attached file to full scale. Email is info@951graffix.com Thanks!

So where did you get a Smart Car template that is NOT to scale (screen capture)?

:smile:

Signs4Realtors

Vehicle Outline Specs for Smart Car

I have ProVehicle Outlines and for the side I get H 59.86" x W 97.849 and back H 61.25 x W 61.682 (with mirrors - W 58.248 without mirrors)

Thanks very much for the dimensions. I set up my Adobe Illustrator file with a width of 97.849 and a height of 59.86 (see attached side view picture), but the top of the vehicle only comes up to 57.1". Why am I short by 2.76"? Side view looks very close to the dimensions, but I must be making a mistake on setting up the side view printable file. Any input is appreciated. Thanks! David info@951graffix.com

Attachments

• SmartCarSideView.jpg
    SmartCarSideView.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 203
  • SmartCarRearView.jpg
    SmartCarRearView.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 166

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
There are 3 major vehicle template makers. They hand draw their templates and each manufacturer ends up with a different size. That's why i called out which one i gave you. Your best bet would be to buy a template. Several of them sell single templates on line or go to your customers vehicle and take a few measurements.

phototec

So where did you get a Smart Car template that is NOT to scale (screen capture)?

:smile:

You did NOT answer the question above, you have NOT told us what template you are using?

Anyway, it's always BEST to use the WHEELBASE dimension to enlarge to, (center of one wheel to the center of the other wheel), and that is because different templates may be off. I always use the manufacture's wheel base dimensions, in this case the Smart Car has a 73.5" wheelbase.

:popcorn:

Signs4Realtors

Smart Car Dimensions

You did NOT answer the question above, you have NOT told us what template you are using?

Anyway, it's always BEST to use the WHEELBASE dimension to enlarge to, (center of one wheel to the center of the other wheel), and that is because different templates may be off. I always use the manufacture's wheel base dimensions, in this case the Smart Car has a 73.5" wheelbase.

:popcorn:

I am not using a template. The attached sample file is from the Exit Realty corporate group who outlines the specifications and design layout for their Smart Car vehicles that they encourage their franchises to lease/purchase. I am following their corporate design (but they only provide a .pdf, not the .ai vehicle outline file which I don't have for this vehicle). I hoped to simply enlarge their .pdf design to full-size (like I do with my typical vehicle wraps) but per the attached picture that isn't working out so easily. The wheelbase 73.5" suggestion is not even remotely matching up to the other suggested dimensions from Pro Vehicle Outlines. Any other suggestions are appreciated. I will most likely utilize my typical process of printing the initial design on cheap brown paper (like in the attached picture) to get everything aligned/spaced and then print on the 3M IJ-380. Thanks in advance for your input!

Attachments

• SmartCarSideView.jpg
    SmartCarSideView.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 138

Signs4Realtors

I am not using a template. The attached sample file is from the Exit Realty corporate group who outlines the specifications and design layout for their Smart Car vehicles that they encourage their franchises to lease/purchase. I am following their corporate design (but they only provide a .pdf, not the .ai vehicle outline file which I don't have for this vehicle). I hoped to simply enlarge their .pdf design to full-size (like I do with my typical vehicle wraps) but per the attached picture that isn't working out so easily. The wheelbase 73.5" suggestion is not even remotely matching up to the other suggested dimensions from Pro Vehicle Outlines. Any other suggestions are appreciated. I will most likely utilize my typical process of printing the initial design on cheap brown paper (like in the attached picture) to get everything aligned/spaced and then print on the 3M IJ-380. Thanks in advance for your input!

Forgot sample attachment

Attachments

• Sample.JPG
    Sample.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 181

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
If your going to be responsible for removal, i wouldn't use 380....

Templets are less than $25 and you've spent more than that in labor looking for a work around.

Signs4Realtors

If your going to be responsible for removal, i wouldn't use 380....

Templets are less than $25 and you've spent more than that in labor looking for a work around.

Can you give me a suggestion on a website/link to get the template please. And what material should I use on one of these (e.g., IJ180?)

Signs4Realtors

That's an interesting way of doing it..... but I kinda feel like it's overkill. Trust me I'm super anal about making sure graphics line up and and fall in the right areas.... but that's what templates and pictures are for.

I just take pictures of the actual vehicle (or find online) and scale them, then overlay graphics to ensure sizing and placement is correct. I mean if printing the paper template helps you sleep at night that's fine....but seems like a lot of labor to me.

Just sayin!

It is overkill, but on my first few wraps that is how I have done them (and I shared my rookie method just for laughs). Learned from my carpenter dad to "measure twice and cut once". Since the brown paper is practically free and the 3M vinyl and laminate is expensive and in limited supply in my shop this method is a sure thing to line everything up. I have the Pro Vehicle Outlines disk, but it doesn't have all of the vehicles in it so sometimes I use other methods to make it work. Final product turned out great and I agree time is precious and it took a bit more time than it should of. Thanks!

Attachments

• SolarProsWrap.JPG
    SolarProsWrap.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 190

Auburnpeanut

Private Message me the model of the smart car. I have a buddy who has one and if it is the same model, I will get some measurements for you.

Peanut