• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please Printer Woes!

April Beaudet

This is A Message I Just Sent To Mutoh For Help Just Wondering If Anyone On Here Has Had Issues Like This.......It Even Had Our Dealer Scratching There Heads!

We have a few issues we would like to discuss

1. Ink cart. - The ink carts. are coming without a holographic authenticity
sticker on the credit cart attached. The gold chip is on the card but that
is all. Should this make a difference on our carts? Also when I am checking
the ink levels my indications go down at levels evenly but at 20% it goes
empty quickly - We are running the same job over and over and normally the
ink level goes down 1% per print.Also It Pops Up On The Diplay And Says: Not Original Ink

2. We can not switch the ink carts on the fly. When trying to do this the
machine will beep show error code E016 CPUErr [02] .
We then have to turn machine off. Restart and we lose whatever is running
and have to start the print over again.

:thankyou: in advance! -April

ignoredthoughts

Printer???

Which printer are you using? Have you cleaned your heads recently? Also, if it's w/out the hologram, you're probably now the proud owner of a Nikee Ink Cart... I would bypass your dealer and go straight to the manufacturer (or do a search for that error code online to see if anyone else has had the same issue). If you find out the problem from the manufacturer, then i'd get the dealer to fix it (hopefully you have some form of warranty).

ignoredthoughts

Theoretically

Theoretically a gunked up dirty sytem would be using less ink, not more, so that's probably out of the question. I would also contact the person that sold you the ink. That error code also means something, I would do more research into it.

PMG

I have had the "Not original ink" error come up a few times and i had to wiggle the ink cart,and the error went away!!!
Also mine have no holographic authenticity sticker.

Last edited:

randya

Current cartridges do not have the hologram, although older ones will.

The 1204 (48") does not allow for changing cartridges 'on the fly' while printing.

The 1604 (64") and the 2606 (100") have subtanks that allow for 'on the fly' cartridge changes.

Cartridge ink levels are approximate and can vary with cleanliness, sealing ability and pump efficiency. These numbers are actually written to the smart chips on the card.

The backup is a mechanical tab that pops out as the internal bag in the cartridge is emptied, this is a failsafe that tells the machine that the cartridge is empty.

http://www2.mutoh.com/public/VJ-1204Operations Guide/eng/start.htm

Section 6.11 has additional information about ink cartridges.