• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP PLEASE! Sign Structure Clipart

kirkbedtelyon

Looking for software that offers clipart of many different types of sign structures (bases, poles, posts, columns, etc.) to speed up my quotes.

Please offer your suggestions!

Thanks.

i have seen a few files of monuments, post & panel signs, etc etc in many of the common clipart collections. i have yet to see a collection comprised entirely of sign structures and their components. it would be a great resource if done correctly but i am unaware of a collection that matches your description. maybe we can get Flame to start one?

S

Sign-Man Signs

Think the problem lies with so many designs which are basically done by each person. We design just about all of ours. A cd with spec's and componets would be good.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
There are such images sprinkled all through each of the Vector Art Mega Collections. They offer no attempt to to include specs but are very useful as idea starters as well as presentations.

Vector Art's Mega Collections are displayed in full in our clipart gallery HERE and are available trough our online store at that website. All the images from all three of the Mega Collections is also offered for individual license and download at our Express Clipart website. Most will be located in either the Sign Blanks category or in the Panels and Ornaments category.

Capital Signs

What about the ones with the grass on the bottom... I have seen other people or businesses quote those 18x24 inch signs with the stakes, or real estate signs, and then they have the grass on the bottom to simulate what it will look like in the ground...

This may help... though it takes the fun out of it...
http://www.buysigndesigns.com/

nice link...there is some really valuable schematics in there that if you had not already created templates for the various types of signs...post panel, channel letters, etc etc...the time savings MIGHT be worth the investment...but there is also alot of junk in there as well IMHO of course.

i would like to find a collection that had schematics of all of the primary types of signs....but also schematics of common fasteners and other materials we all use and combinations of them. as i spend great amounts of time creating these for municipalities that require obscene amounts of information or developments or developers that require obscene amounts of information and details...of course i charge handsomely for providing this information and said drawings but when i am in the midst of recreating a pop rivet for example joining materials in the drawing program i am using on any given day i have to think there must be a better way (read that easier way). at this point i have a fair collection and in most cases i am just locating files but there are days....

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
i'm a not a big fan of that type clip-art or any pre-designed solution, but I can see the value of getting a jumpstart on a detail library.

What I have done in Illustrator is every time i make a new bolt, rivet part or section detail i save it in Illustrators symbol palette. That way you have them right there instead of doing the search and then the copy and paste...

kirkbedtelyon

I'm considering the buysigndesigns software. I can blow a day really fast just preparing a preview for the customer. This software would be great to get the ball rolling fast. Thanks again Rick....Anyone know of any other software similar to this??

ndemond

We have purchased the above software. It is a division of SighTracker Software. A word of caution is that the full version is excel based and not user friendly and customer support is terrible.(so it sits in the box)

Here is few samples of what is included in the package and how it is presented to you. Hope this helps on your decision on what to get.

I have used a few of these and modified them to fit my needs.
But have found it is easier to make my own to the specs I need.

It does have many different modules to choose from.

View attachment MON_Temp1.pdf

View attachment MON_Temp3.pdf

View attachment CAB_4X8_LX_PM.pdf