• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please....stumped

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Hey guys - having an issue with deflection (not head strike). Was thinking it was static related.....35-45% humidity in the office. Haven't really had issues before in the dry winter in years past until now....I added a ground from printer to the stand, have a humidifier in the room, cleaned the pinch rollers with alcohol, hung a dryer sheet on back side of printer that touches material as it rolls onto plain, etc.

I also cleaned the encoder strip front and back. I consistently was getting deflection on this particular file.....could it be file related???? I printed a different file, right next to the original, and little to no deflection and was happy with the results - same environment, settings, same material, etc. I then immediately tried to print the A file again, and deflection returned......

Should I remake the file and try again? I am at a loss.....

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 150

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
From what you have described, I would try remaking-resaving the file - mostly because you are not having the issue with a different file but everything else is the same.

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
I changed to Uni-Directional opposed to Bi-Directional and it came out clean......prints much slower, but no deflection??

Any ideas or have any of you come across this before? Thank you!

MP Custom

I changed to Uni-Directional opposed to Bi-Directional and it came out clean......prints much slower, but no deflection??

Any ideas or have any of you come across this before? Thank you!
I have had good results from changing to Uni when my printhead was on the way out.. But.. Hate to say.. Could be the head on the way out... Black channel always seems to go first ... Only saying because the last print had other colours and looks perfect. Try Printing using C75 M68 Y67 K85 in place of your normal black.

Engstrom Graphics

sniperhockeydesigns
Thanks, I will do a thorough cleaning again.

MP Custom - color of the first file is Navy....not sure if that matters. Test print for the last year has shown some deflection marks on black and cmy all look good with maybe 1 or 2 small deflected lines.

Thanks!