• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP please

whgjettdesigns

I have a Mutoh Outdoor Jr. with flexi 8.6 and windows 7. It was printing fine a few weeks ago and now for some reason all it will print is black. I have done a nozzle chk and it prints color so I know its not the head fuse. Can someone please help me out I am running out of ideas on what could be causing it. Below I will show a picture of the test print that should be red, outlined in black, shadowed in blue.

Attachments

• IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 107

CRD

If the test print of the machine show all colors and the rip does not print correct colors check in Flexi there is an option to print in BW only...............check if the option is not checked.

Paco

bmatlock5

coulg be your printer is stuck in black mode. happened to me a while back. on your control panel if the 3 quality/speed lights are all lit, you are in black only mode. will still do a nozzle check with all colors, but prints a file black

CRD

coulg be your printer is stuck in black mode. happened to me a while back. on your control panel if the 3 quality/speed lights are all lit, you are in black only mode. will still do a nozzle check with all colors, but prints a file black

Possible too..........:goodpost:

But normally the rip overrules the hardware setting for that and resolution except for paper feed setting.

CRD

On the panel on the machine left bottom switch says mono/color.
In the software I have to check as I am now at work...... :-(

Paco

CRD

Open a file and select print and rip.
In the rip and print screen go to the Advanced tab.
In the option Color mode check that CYMK is choosen.

Let us know the result.

Paco

joemutoh

have you done a PF Adjust?

If you have a good media and a good profile the problem is usually PF adjustment.
You will probably need to perform the PF (page feed) calibration.

You basically need a pf adjust for each different type of media that you are using, you can save these in the user settings - there are 30 of them.

The first thing you need is an accurate mm ruler, 600mm will be the most accurate.
Menu1
Set Up
Media Type
Type ?

PF Adjust
Initial Print - pick 500 mm - this will print out sets of tick marks on each edge of the media.

Cut this piece off, lay it on a flat surface and measure - estimate between tick marks on your ruler. I.e. 498.2

Got back through the menu to PF
Initial Change - enter your measured value there.

Using this method I have rarely had to do the micro adjust.
If I use the micro adjust, I do so while the printer is printing, it is easier to see the difference while printing a

IF you use the micro adjust you can save in the current user setting - it is something like 'update' after the micro adjust menu. So that you wont have to do it every time.

The micro patterns are similar to your home printer, you should pick the 'best' pattern.
It is tougher to use if you are not very close already.

4. Media, a high quality media is preferred for best results. Typical heater settings are 40 Preheat, 42 Platen and 50 Dry.5. Profile - choose a profile suitable for your media.

Ideally, you will still want a profile created for your specific media.

joemutoh

Insure good uni and bi directional adjustment! This procedure assumes that your machines has been properly calibrated in Maintenance Mode.