• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Please!!!

I bought my Prism Jet from a private gentleman so I have no support. BIG MISTAKE! I am looking for a service tech to hire to come in and get me on track. Located in FL, near Daytona. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

P

ProWraps™

ah the prism jet. same as the falcon outdoor if im not mistaken. what seems to be the problem? i could tear my falcon down in about 3 minutes. all unecessary screws were permantantly removed as it was torn down LOTS. durable printer. terribly slow, and maintenece hog.

R08

all unecessary screws were permantantly removed as it was torn down LOTS
Me too Tec... I know what you mean.
I modified mine a bit so i can get to the maintenance station and under the heads in about 2 seconds.

P

ProWraps™

Me too Tec... I know what you mean.
I modified mine a bit so i can get to the maintenance station and under the heads in about 2 seconds.

heh so yours has a hole drilled in the frame on the right too :thumb:

R08

heh so yours has a hole drilled in the frame on the right too
Nope.. no hole. I cut off part of the metal piece that is usually under the printheads just to the left of the maintenance station. I also rigged the whole keypad and heater regulator to open like a drawbridge. Works for me.
Where did you put a hole?

P

ProWraps™

on the right side under the right side cover. this is to get to the screw that holds the capping station in place. just put screwdriver right through the side and pull the screw, and it comes right out!

R08

I see what you mean.

My right cover has no screws in it. It just sits there and hooks at the top. I just remove it when I need to remove that screw.

I think we need new machines tec. :Big Laugh

P

ProWraps™

got one.. bought the valuejet and havent looked back since. 7+ times faster, and unreal print quality. the difference is staggering.

R08

ok ... then "I" need a new machine.
Well actually... I've only had this about a year and it's still ok for what I'm doing. I will probably upgrade within a year.
Where I am there this is still pretty new. Wraps are just catching on.

The valujet looks like a nice machine. Can you use bulk ink with it?

P

ProWraps™

i belive the bulk systems are availabe for it. and sign, you are better off having a falcon first. we wouldnt have EVEN KNOWN the quality of the value jet if we didnt start with the falcon. it prints bidirrectional so fast with such quality, its AMAZING. the time you save alone will pay for it. we got the 1204 with flexi pro to our door for 10.5k. it paid for itself in a week.

this will trip you out. the valuejet has one head instead of two. and it has EIGHT lines coming into the one head, two for each color, and two dampers. that means the head is much wider from front to back. the print pass is so much wider its amazing. what took us 2 hours with our falcon, takes us 30 mins with the valuejet, and is 10x the quality. the falcon has such noticable banding where as the value HAS NONE. with the new wave technology, its great. and from what i understand, if you run out of ink on an overnight print, you can swap out in the morning, and you wont see any dry line like you do with the falcon. if you dont replace that cartride IMMEDIATELY and start the print again, you will see the line.

also the firmware is so much better. it really makes it need much less maintenance before a print. the ageing system is much more intuative so you dont have to do nozzle checks and whatnot before a print if its sat for a day or more. it cleans itself and does all kinds of cool stuff. the 1604 also has pull down doors to clean the head, and has a mirror in the cleaning door to see the bottom of the head. its real neat. the 1204 doesnt have this, but its still so much better.

coming from a falcon like you are, i think you will just sit back and go WOW like we did for a week after getting it.

couple of things i dont like though are:
kind of flimsy. falcon built like a f*cking TANK. valuejet, much more plastic
no crosscut on 1204 valuejet
no waste ink bottle on 1204. it uses a HUGE spitton pad setup.

R08

Thanks for that Tec,
I think I know what I'm saving up for.

Sorry to be a :thread DirectEffectGraphics

I don't know about a technician but you may be able to do a lot of maintence yourself. That's what a lot of Falcon owners end up doing cause it needs a lot of TLC.

I know where you can get manuals if you need.

signgirl71

Have you tried calling Sign Supply in Orlando? Their tech is great. Ask them to send out Nano. He goes all over Florida. When I worked out in Port Orange he went there and he has been out to see us here in Deltona as well. He works on all sorts of printers and he is just great! Let me know if you need their number.