• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help please?

lukewarmtea

I need help with a logo for my small CNC shop. I have bought and read Mastering Design but I am still a far cry from competent in design. As a disclaimer my business does not involve any design work or sign making so far.

What's wrong with my logo? I think the font in MANUFACTURING is weak myself. Is this design worth playing with or should I start down a different avenue?

Cheers, Jay

:Canada 2:

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 81

wildside

i would go a different direction...

just reading a book doesn't magically make you a better designer like so many around these parts believe.

reading the books is fine if you have a practical understanding of why you are reading the books. Practice is the best teacher.

lukewarmtea

Thanks Wildside! I know I'm not a designer and honestly if I ever did venture into design work other than for my own logo I'd have a mountain to climb to get there.

I typically like to do things on my own but I have a feeling this might be something best left to people with more experience. Any suggestions? Local is not an option.

wildside

Thanks Wildside! I know I'm not a designer and honestly if I ever did venture into design work other than for my own logo I'd have a mountain to climb to get there.

I typically like to do things on my own but I have a feeling this might be something best left to people with more experience. Any suggestions? Local is not an option.

there are several members here that do logos, i have seen some better than others for sure.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help, there is nothing wrong with getting out of the way of your own ego to get something accomplished!

i will not be able to remember all here to do logos, but off the top of my head, Dan Antonelle, Joe Diaz, Neato, Jillbeans, John Deaton, Rick, and so on.... sure i have missed several, do some searching on the site and you will find them

lukewarmtea

I am definitely not above getting a professional to do it if I cannot.

Thanks for the list of members who do logos. Is there an accepted method of approaching them about possibly doing a design for me? Should I PM them directly, or start a Request for Quote thread, or?

buckssigns

I know I'm flying blind here; I don't know the significance of the word 'Gantry' in your name and I don't know much about cnc. Nevertheless, I thought I'd see if a tool holder might be used as part of the graphic element.

I'll get m' coat.

Attachments

• Rapid Gantry.jpg
    Rapid Gantry.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 92

slappy

I know I'm flying blind here; I don't know the significance of the word 'Gantry' in your name and I don't know much about cnc. Nevertheless, I thought I'd see if a tool holder might be used as part of the graphic element.

I'll get m' coat.

"gantry design is the most popular design in the do it yourself CNC router community" http://www.cncroutersource.com/do-it-yourself-CNC-router.html

dunno... maybe he made his own cnc... which i would love to see

sharp layout to btw buckssigns

lukewarmtea

You are bang on slapakiss and our parts are in transit for our next custom machine =D

Nice one buckskin I like the toolholder idea!