• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Pricing a Job

signsvisual

How much would you all charge a client to change LED modules in an existing backlit logo wall signage so as to match the rest of the letters and make them more uniform. Photo is attached. Note that the wall is actually sealed up/closed and not opened currently as it shows in the photo.

Attachments

• 20191019_163128.jpg
    20191019_163128.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 372

2B

Too many variables.
* Are you doing the work on-site?
* How many modules are you replacing?
* What make/brand is being used?
* Will there be any drywall work?

We would price all material (with markup) + hourly shop rate = estimate total

signsvisual

Yes, the work would be done on site, So pull the letter out, and change the LEDs on the spot. I would say roughly maybe around 20-30 modules for those 2 pieces combined. The brand of LED, i think is a generic brand,. I have to change the 6 and the outer ring on the left to be the cool white led light color, not the warm white color they are now., so as to match the other letters. Drywall work- Not sure, the wall is sealed up, I am hoping to avoid it, since everything is already wired... What do you think roughly?

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
The only way to really make them match is too replace ALL the LED’s. One company’s 6500k isn’t necessarily going to match another’s. You need to at least double the cost of your LED modules and charge your labor rate. Whenever we work on existing signs we plan on stuff being more difficult than it should, always ends up being built or assembled weird lol. I assume the cans come off and the modules are on plastic? Definitely more work if the modules are in the cans and you have to remove letters and reinstall on the wall

Z SIGNS

I would charge for my time and materials. This job looks like about 16 hours labor and $300 in materials.

visual800

my first concern would be damage to sheetrock behind lettering after removing the letters. Its a shame things have to be so difficult these days. We would charge about $1300 to pull and replace all with new LED and reinstall