• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help pricing a used Roland VG-540i

Joe Mc

I have a 3 year old Roland VG 540i with take up reel with very low hours of use. It's in excellent condition and would like to sell. I don't know what a good asking price would be, and it belongs to the owners of the company I work for. If anyone has an idea of what Fair Market Value would be, I would really appreciate the input. Also have a GFP 255C cold laminator, barely used.

Thank you.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Just for a starting point, since this has been replaced by the VG2-540, you can probably figure about half of what a new printer would sell for. There is no warranty to offer with it (Roland doesn't allow transfer of warranty) and low hours is generally not a good thing with these machines. The printers that get used regularly are the ones that have fewer problems in my experience. The price would be most influenced by how it prints, so get some good examples to show interested parties.

Good Luck,