Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Pricing a wrap for trailer...

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by AdvertiseIt, Oct 17, 2013.

1. AdvertiseIt

AdvertiseIt New Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Trenton, NJ
    Hi guys; Can you help me out with pricing for a trailer 26 ft. x 9 ft. One customer is asking to quote just labor (installation) because he ordered the wrap from china.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Tnx

Tags:
  2. SuncitySigns

SuncitySigns Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Not hard... Work out how long it will take you an supply him a quote with those amount of hours converted too $$. Can even put disclaimer in quote if you can't actually see the trailer In person an only see pictures that the quote is subject to go up or down in price depending on unforeseen circumstances. Bulk rivits, removal of parts, etc etc

3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

Too many unknowns for an accurate quote. What kind of vinyl, is it air egress or cheap permanent vinyl, is it laminated or masked or both, how is it tiled, is it solvent soaked? Does the trailer have rivets (how many), doors, handles, placards? What is the condition of the trailer, old oxidized trailer take longer to clean than a brand new trailer?

4. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    269 doll hairs

5. MR. Graphics

MR. Graphics Member

May 10, 2011
    I would run. obviously they ordered the wrap from china...they will want it done cheaper than you should do it.

6. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Maybe quote him an hourly rate... too many things could go wrong.

7. AdvertiseIt

AdvertiseIt New Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Trenton, NJ
    Thank you guys; great advices, I'll go with hourly rate.

8. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    hourly rate my a$$. I wouldnt touch this! its not your material and IF a mistake happens how will it be fixed? it aint like you can run back to shop and cut a peice. Do what you want but this is a recipe for disaster and trust me you will be blamed for everything...how in the hell do you order a wrap from China anyway?