• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help printer problems

chad17

I have an outdoor falcon jr printer, I printed a job on thursday that turned out just fine, I came back saturday morning to do a couple small jobs and the printer started messing up. When I print some of the colors won't come out right. Such as when i print red it comes out as purple, yellow comes out as green, and orange comes out looking blue, I dont know what could be causing this because some of my colors still work fine, my black is still good my dark blue is also good, even when I use silver fills they come out with a blue tint and this has never happened before. Thank you to anyone who has had a similar problem or might can help me fix this.

2 things to check first, Are you using a different profile than you usually do? Check the dampers and see if they have ink in them. They should be about half full.

chad17

same profile as always, and they appear full. Also I did a CMYK print and every color was normal except for yellow it came out lime green.

henryp

same profile as always, and they appear full. Also I did a CMYK print and every color was normal except for yellow it came out lime green.

This would indicate ink cross contamination. Check that you have enough ink on your yellow cartridge, then do a powerful clean. You need to get rid of the contaminated ink on your yellow ink line. Do this until you get a good clean yellow when you print the nozzle check pattern.

chad17

okay i added a full ink cartridge and did a powerful clean, and still the same so I need to keep doing the powerful clean until it gets better? also should I run the cleaning cartridges through the system? heres is a picture of the test print

Attachments

• IMAGE_031.jpg
    IMAGE_031.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 86

randya

pull the cart out and check the puncture mark to see what color ink is in the cartridge.
If it is a factory cartridge it will have a stamp on one end ( i.e. a circle with a Y for yellow).

There should be no normal reason to run cleaning carts,
Connect a syringe to the small drain line that goes in the waste bottle for the color head and pull ink through.

Check the lines to see how much contaimination you have, just take a flash light and look under the hood.

chad17

I finally got it working right again, would like to say thanks to all of you for your help. Thanks RandyA I ran the powerful clean about 4 times and it started printing normal again thanks for your help.