• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Printer stops....while "Printing"??!!

westpointsigns

My 48 does the same thing. You never know when it's going to happen either and can make life very difficult.

The best solution I've come up with is to drop down the black box where the main board is, take the top off and let it hang open while printing. It seems like it might get a little too warm while printing.

Even if I run a small 3' material run without dropping the tray down it will usually stop and drop the print.

Signsforwhile

I've checked my network cables, opened up the back of the machine to blow it out because it was dusty. Checked all of my connections. Reinstalled all of my software.......still stopping. I'm ready to roll this thing and every computer in the shop off a cliff................................

chorca

Mine randomly stops as well, i'm using a USB to Parallel cable though. Resetting the cable usually solves the issue, so I'm not sure if it's the printer or the cable with the issue. I usually power-cycle the printer after it stops and it'll run for awhile longer. Some people said it was static, so I try to unroll my sheets before hand and let them sit for awhile since my runs are usually short.

kffernandez

since your problem is intermittent, i would have guessed either a physical connection problem, or a routing problem.

routing problems that were mentioned by the other members rarely [but do] happen, and is usually fixed by cycling a reboot of all connected appliances. now, given that you've already replaced your router. what i would do is turn off wireless, and remove everything other than pc and your printer/cutter that is connected to your router. if your cutting still stops for one reason or another, i would put the blame on corroded contacts. use a contact cleaner and spray your printer's network card contacts to try to clean/brush off any gunk. also clean your computer's network connector as well. btw, did you replace just 1 cable? or did you also replace the cable that goes from your pc to router? that might also be the one at fault.

if that still doesn't do it. i would then suspect a possibly failing network card on your printer.

there are more comprehensive ways to troubleshoot this. but over a forum, this is the best that i can give you.

edit: btw, it is also possible that a virus is flooding your network. :)

hope this helps.

kelly