• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help...Printer won't connect

ykaldes

Just got Xj 640 and when they install it it was connected to the printer. Some how it lost connection and I just don't know what to do. I checked the IP address and it does match the computer. I tried to restart and this didn't help. Do anybody have any idea of what could it be?
Thanks in advance to all responders!

SoCalN8V

Well, I was going to say "check your firewall software" but since it's not connected to the internet . . . When you restarted did you bring down both the printer AND the computer?

ykaldes

Reboted both machine and computer. It was printing right after installation.
Why in the world they had to set it up as a network client, why couldn't they add a USB connecation?
I read the manual, all it say is to check the IP address match the computer and make sure it is not in conflict with other. I love it when it say: "check with your network administrator" :banghead:.
Thanks for all the good people who try to help.

cgsigns_jamie

How is the IP address set on the Computer? I'm assuming you set it manually in the network settings.

Also when you say the IP on the printer matches the IP on the computer you mean that you the IP address on the printer is the same as the IP address in VersaWorks. If the Computer's IP address is the same as the printer's IP address there will be an IP conflict and it would not work at all.

P

ProWraps™

make sure if there are subnet settings that they are the same.

w2csa

Definately give Roland a call.
I you disconnect the printer, then ping the printer's IP address and you get a reply... then you know you have an IP conflict.