• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help printing first wrap job

Awards+

I have installed about 6 wraps with my previous company but had nothing to do print layout. I'm thinking we should print 48" wide panels with a 2" overlap. Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

This is the wrap layout

van 1.jpg

Circleville Signs

2 inch overlap is overkill. 1" is plenty.

I think that you may want to re-formulate your blend to have the fade take place a bit sooner - you're going to have a very jarring transition to the unwrapped protion of the sprinter.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We run on 54 or 60 inch rolls with 3/4 inch overlaps and just have Flexi divide the number of panels equally so the actual width depends on the size of the vehicle. The panels could be a low as 40" wide to as high as 58" wide. Once in a while the art will be a particular size that creates too much waste on the roll - in that situation we generally will put both sides end to end and each side will end up with one very narrow panel at one end (but printed side by side on the roll).

Unless of course we are doing a vehicle with a seamless wrap like a car or pickup in which case every panel is a different size and some might have as much as a foot of overlap (doors).

Oh - and have fun on those side channels on that Sprinter.... heh. One of the super thin ultra-conformable cast vinyls and super thin laminates is the way to go on those.

4R Graphics

2 inch seams are overkill 1/2 to 1 inch is all you need. Its really personal preferance we use 3/4 to 1 inch most of the time. As for panel size what ever size you are comfortable with handeling. Obviouslly you want the least amount of panels so you have fewer seams and dont waste material. Last note you really should use either 3M ij380 or Avery supercast or something similar these will limit your headaches. Only issue I have ever had using 3M and Avery materials that I listed is they are thin so dont try to work it super fast it will crease alot easier than the regular wrap material but man you can wrap the grand canyon with that stuff.

Good Luck.

ProWraps

like colorado said 1/2" is good. we run with 1" just becuase its old hat.

keep in mind, the more deflection, the more overlap you will want. but 2" overlap will NEVER be necesarry. unless your wrapping Oprah Winfrey. Then go with 3".

Desert_Signs

1/2" here too. We always try to panel to end up as seamless as possible. Occasionally you're going to have to have a seam, but the less the better. No one wants a seam in the middle of their door or 2" away from a body gap. It ends up costing a little more, but in the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.

phototec

1/2" here too. We always try to panel to end up as seamless as possible. Occasionally you're going to have to have a seam, but the less the better. No one wants a seam in the middle of their door or 2" away from a body gap. It ends up costing a little more, but in the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter.

+1

Always try to layout panels that require the fewest seams, makes a more professional looking install, anyone can let software divide equal panels, but a true craftsman figures out the best overall panel layout to match the body seams of the specific vehicle. :thumb:

Awards+

+1

Always try to layout panels that require the fewest seams, makes a more professional looking install, anyone can let software divide equal panels, but a true craftsman figures out the best overall panel layout to match the body seams of the specific vehicle. :thumb:

Thanks!

Awards+

We were planning on starting the print this morning but I'm not happy with the front fade. We have CS3 and I think you need CS4 to fade to transparent not white. Any suggestions on the best way to do a fade to white on a wrap?