• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help - printing streaky

IDSMurals

I have a Mimaki CJV30 -130. yesterday in the middle of a large print it began to print 'streaky'. That's the only way I can describe it. The ink does not have the same smooth coverage it had at the start of the print. All the ink levels are high. It's not the media comp. I'm using the same profile.

Could the print head be damaged? I have been careful not to touch it while cleaning.

An edge of the vinyl I am printing on did catch and curl up at one point, could the printer head have hit that and been dmaamged?

I am knew to printing and this printer (I have been using it for 1 week) so I have no idea what to check or what could be wrong. Any help would be amazing!

IDSMurals

Attachments

• jeW93.jpg
    jeW93.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

IDSMurals

Ah yes, I did the test print, and yeah, about 13 of the cyan strips are blocked, and one of the magenta bars is off centre. I did a cleaning and the test print is better. I am such a newb! But I'm learning. Thank you!