• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Prints cancelling

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Not sure what category this should be in. I am having serious issues with my prints cancelling within 10 seconds of the file starting to print. Printer is HP 26500. Ripping with Flexi. Have not had this issue up until about a month ago when we switched modem/routers for our internet service. I have checked all settings as far as the network goes. Printed has a dedicated, locked in IP address. Can't find any IP conflicts anywhere. This happens to every other print i send, no matter the size. It will start to print, then stops with an error on the printer stating 'printing cancelled'. The message on my computer usually will say Printing Failed or something to that effect. Sometimes it says "Wrong Data Format" in the RIP. Then I can just hit resend and it will go. Any ideas? This is killing our productivity.

w2csa

Could you try a simple vector image like a red circle to see if it is a software issue?
Maybe a bad NIC cable or router/switch.

Chasez

Depending on the router, maybe check in the settings to see what priority the printer has in the router. If it is lower than say all pc's on the network and there is a lot of traffic, it can bump the printers traffic. I would suggest, if you still have your old router, plug it back in and run a couple test prints and see if your getting the issue still. If no issues, you've narrowed it down to the router and concentrate more on those settings.

Chaz

eahicks

Changed switch. Changed cable from printer to outlet. Still cancelling my prints. The error code is 61:09. I can not fix this and it is killing our productivity. I am starting to think it is a bad network card in the printer. Everything else is 100% as far as we can find. No issues with our other printer, on the same network and from the same RIP.

Christian @ 2CT Media

So my experience with this all the way back to the 25500 is Router QoS settings and Network Congestion. The ultimate solution that we have found when nothing else prevails is to direct wire the printer to the rip computer AD-HOC style.

Depending on which router you have the QoS settings may be too aggressive and causing packet loss to the printer, you may need to add the printer in to your QoS profile to prevent its information exchange to be altered.
Also how many active devices are on your network? The other issues may be the router can't keep up with the all the information and is dropping packets.

SignBurst PCs

I would get a 2nd Ethernet Adapter in the RIP computer and run it directly to the printer via a dedicated Ethernet cable. You will have to assign the 2nd Ethernet Adapter and address of something outside of your other subnet, but it will eliminate your network (router) as a possible problem.

For example:

Computer's 2nd Ethernet adapter settings:

IP Address: 10.0.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway: Blank
DNS Servers: Blank

Printer Settings:

IP Address: 10.0.0.5

You will have to change the IP address for the printer in Flexi as well. I cannot guarantee that this will fix the problem, but it will eliminate the rest of your network as being the culprit.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I would get a 2nd Ethernet Adapter in the RIP computer and run it directly to the printer via a dedicated Ethernet cable. You will have to assign the 2nd Ethernet Adapter and address of something outside of your other subnet, but it will eliminate your network (router) as a possible problem.

For example:

Computer's 2nd Ethernet adapter settings:

IP Address: 10.0.0.1

Printer Settings:

IP Address: 10.0.0.5

You will have to change the IP address for the printer in Flexi as well. I cannot guarantee that this will fix the problem, but it will eliminate the rest of your network as being the culprit.

This is the ultimate solution I mentioned that we did for all of our equipment. It just eliminated all cross traffic and slow down issues.

eahicks

I might try this, but the RIP PC and the printer are on opposite sides of each other in a large room. I may have fixed it by changing the printer's IP address AGAIN....we'll see how long this lasts.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Add another hub (only between the two of them) if the run is too long between the rip & printer. Keep everything else off of this hub.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Without knowing your true network topology its hard to guess at faults, but on the soft side of things typically you want your statics grouped together and your dynamics grouped together.

Our network is as follows:

Hardwired computers IP 1 - 10
Productions machines (Printers, Cutters, etc.) 11 - 20
Desktop Printers and IoT (Phones, etc) 21 - 50
DHCP Allotment 200 - 255

Our QoS protocol is set to RIP and Printers are priority 1, IP phones (Obihai/GV) is 2, and all else is 5. Our IP Phones are limited to 1.5mbps up/3mbps down to restrict network congestion.

You can try something similar and see if it works for you.