• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Rasterlink

ECVSoares

Hi, I have a mimaki CJV-30, and I used Rasterlink... The prints started to come out bigger than the original files, for example: a job with 3000mm comes out with 3030mm...
Does anyone know what to do to fix it?

netsol

consistently? or intermittently?

i have no mimaki experience, but, if consistent, you should be able to perform calibration, to correct this

if intermittent, some sort of encoder strip issue? clean GENTLY with the proper solvent, isopropyl, i would think.
clean the sensor as well. make sure it is not misaligned & think carefully, was it cleaned recently with THE WRONG SOLVENT?

look at a service manual & see if there are calibrations related to the encoder.
the rolands couple the encoder through a cut carriage cable, if mimaki does the same, this would be highly suspect. sorry i have to respond with nonspecific advice, but, it's all i have

ECVSoares

It sometimes happens with tarpaulin the opposite, the work comes out with a smaller size than the original, but that is due to the weight of the material and I corrected the Feed, now it comes out with a longer length that had never happened...

Aunt LuLu

Aunt LuLu
I have had that. My thinking on it - file began as SVG, in Affinity Designer I placed a graphic into the design (it was actually a shape of a dragon fly). Copied and made several shapes. Resized all to what I wanted. Exported as an EPS or PDF (not sure what I used) When I opened RasterLink6 to print them on my Mimaki CJV150-75, all shapes increased in size. Not sure why. I am still trying to learn Affinity and it causes much frustration, as now I don't trust or understand the program, so I went back to Corel Draw to get the order done.

So, my story leads me to ask - Are you using new software? What type of file was used in making the design that was printed? How many other programs were open on the computer when Rater Link was used to send the design over to the printer? Asking because computers with the minimum requirements to run the programs, have issues....don't ask me why I know this.
Laura

ECVSoares

I have had that. My thinking on it - file began as SVG, in Affinity Designer I placed a graphic into the design (it was actually a shape of a dragon fly). Copied and made several shapes. Resized all to what I wanted. Exported as an EPS or PDF (not sure what I used) When I opened RasterLink6 to print them on my Mimaki CJV150-75, all shapes increased in size. Not sure why. I am still trying to learn Affinity and it causes much frustration, as now I don't trust or understand the program, so I went back to Corel Draw to get the order done.

So, my story leads me to ask - Are you using new software? What type of file was used in making the design that was printed? How many other programs were open on the computer when Rater Link was used to send the design over to the printer? Asking because computers with the minimum requirements to run the programs, have issues....don't ask me why I know this.
Laura

Thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just a quick thought, check your layout window and make sure the scaling isn't defaulting to 101% or something like that.