• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Request - VG-540 - Versaworks 6.8 crashing during install?!?

artinojs

Hello,

Recently purchased a VG-540 and I am unable to successfully install the VersaWorks 6.8 program.

Attached are the photos of the issues I am running into. They are in chronological order.

The last error (final photo), is an error that is prompted after the unit crashes and reboots up. This did not happen before installing the versaworks software.

Any suggestions and/or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8065.JPG
    IMG_8065.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_8066.JPG
    IMG_8066.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_8067.JPG
    IMG_8067.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_8068.JPG
    IMG_8068.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_8070.JPG
    IMG_8070.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_8071.JPG
    IMG_8071.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 3.47.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 3.47.33 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 230

netsol

Premium Subscriber
to restore function of the pc
boot off a windows 10 disk or repair disk & choose repair your computer
troubleshoot
system restore
choose a restore point before your install

if that doesn't work, hold down <ctl> on reboot, choose safe mode
from a run command. sfc /scannow to restore files that changed
you may have yo do some updating after this

if you find you still crash from time to time, download "who crashed" home edition
it is really good for intermittent crashes & home version is free

i dont have an opinion yet on what caused your problem because my ipad will only display your last jpg.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I've seen this once (not the skype error tho) and the guy had a additional antivirus program that did not allow the installation even when the folders were excluded.
Removing antivirus (windows defender is okay) and removing all of Versaworks, then re-installing and everything went fine.
But I think this Skype thing is a separate issue that maybe you just happened to get because of the bluescreen. Possible it was updating on the background at the same time.