• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!! Roland FJ52 & Epson printhead head rank?

charlibravo

Hi, I have Roland FJ52 converted for solvent ink. The problem is that I have new Epson printhead (number on the box is F055140 made in Japan) but there is no head rank number for my fj52, only some alphanumeric on one side GA6C17D & on the top K1GLKH?

Please tell what I should do:help? How to get this head rank number for this printhead.

Best regards to all!

tomence

Sometimes they write the number on the side with black marker so it is hard to see. Take a good look at both sides.

Jack Knight1979

looks like you bought an overseas head. (am I right?) Epson has cracked down and all the gray market sellers are not getting solvent heads anymore.

epson is selling them water based heads and then the gray market vendors are changing the manifolds to solvent. Which is totally fine except water based heads are ranked differently than sol heads.

The head will work w/out the ranking. It may not operate perfectly, but will work.

charlibravo

I put the printhead in plotter, but prints are to dark and to much ink on it, i try fix this with icc profiles but nothing happend?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
This is alphanumeric Roland have only numeric. How can I put this number in plotter?

Thanx in advance

You are absolutely correct. I just installed 2 DX2 heads in a Roland SC-500 last night and that was the case. My heads had the head rank, a 5 digit number, on the side, but also on the inside wall above the damper posts, in black as Tomence said, so it may be hard to see.

Regards,
Jim

artbot

printer techs have a conversion table to translate the epson numbers to other manufacturer numbers. but i'd take the above advice. plug in the printer and print.

i've had a discussion with a tech that purposefully punched in the head ranks to see if there was a difference in a detailed side by side test. no difference was observable.