Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! Roland FJ52 & Epson printhead head rank?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by charlibravo, Jan 31, 2011.

1. charlibravo

charlibravo New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Hi, I have Roland FJ52 converted for solvent ink. The problem is that I have new Epson printhead (number on the box is F055140 made in Japan) but there is no head rank number for my fj52, only some alphanumeric on one side GA6C17D & on the top K1GLKH?

Please tell what I should do:help? How to get this head rank number for this printhead.

Best regards to all!

Tags:
  2. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    The number on the top is the head rank setting.

3. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    Sometimes they write the number on the side with black marker so it is hard to see. Take a good look at both sides.

4. charlibravo

charlibravo New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    This is alphanumeric Roland have only numeric. How can I put this number in plotter?

Thanx in advance

5. charlibravo

charlibravo New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    I have look on both side but there is no number only alphanumeric on one side.

What I should do now?

Thanx

6. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    looks like you bought an overseas head. (am I right?) Epson has cracked down and all the gray market sellers are not getting solvent heads anymore.

epson is selling them water based heads and then the gray market vendors are changing the manifolds to solvent. Which is totally fine except water based heads are ranked differently than sol heads.

The head will work w/out the ranking. It may not operate perfectly, but will work.

7. CustomRide

CustomRide Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Put the print head in and leave it. It will work perfectly fine. Done it a dozen times.

8. charlibravo

charlibravo New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    I put the printhead in plotter, but prints are to dark and to much ink on it, i try fix this with icc profiles but nothing happend?

9. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    You are absolutely correct. I just installed 2 DX2 heads in a Roland SC-500 last night and that was the case. My heads had the head rank, a 5 digit number, on the side, but also on the inside wall above the damper posts, in black as Tomence said, so it may be hard to see.

Regards,
    Jim

10. artbot

artbot Very Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Houston TX
    printer techs have a conversion table to translate the epson numbers to other manufacturer numbers. but i'd take the above advice. plug in the printer and print.

i've had a discussion with a tech that purposefully punched in the head ranks to see if there was a difference in a detailed side by side test. no difference was observable.