• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!! Roland RF-640 Print Head

malav

Hi, I am Having a problem with my roland printer, the head seems to be brushing on something i dont know what, i recently change the damper and wiper/felt but i am still having the problem, please see pictures attached.
Looking forward to your comments

Attachments

• IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 886
  • IMG_3342.JPG
    IMG_3342.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 365

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Yes, as mentioned above, that head on the right looks okay, but the one on the left, the Cyan and Black are damaged, they shouldn't be doing a bow like that, you'll need to replace it, looks like it had a head strike of some sort. If you think it's brushing up on something, before you replace the head, make it do a very slow print and watch and see what it might be rubbing on.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I would check the mist pad. Sometimes they bow upwards when they get soaked with ink. Weird its only half the head. That uses a DX6 head with all the channels on one head.
Check and find whats rubbing the head. Then soak the head overnight by clamping the drain on the cap top and filling with cleaning solution and parking the head manually. Do all that with the power off. The next day run a maintenance clean (manual clean). Then test print and see what it looks like.

Worst case the head will need replaced.

LF Printer Parts

Hi, I am Having a problem with my roland printer, the head seems to be brushing on something i dont know what, i recently change the damper and wiper/felt but i am still having the problem, please see pictures attached.
Looking forward to your comments
Hi there. Feel free to can contact us at info@lfprinterparts.com. We offer free remote support. Our team would be pleased to help to solve your problem - https://www.lfprinterparts.com/