• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Roland sp300v Not Printing Blue

high impact

hey my roland versa cam sp300v is printing everything perfect right know well everything but theres NO blue ive cleaned it and sucked the lines free of air and everything i hve the triangle bulk ink but im stuck and need ideas what can i try next Thanks

Mason

It needs a pump, call your service provider, I had the same problem and they came out and changed them for me.

high impact

Thanks for the reply! I cleaned and flushed lines like I used to with my graphtec signjet pro and got it to print blue. My x-employee posted this and I just discovered it...

I'll give some background just for giggles to see if any of you great knowledgable sign-pro's have had any experiences like this.

We have been having some problems with our less than 1 year old roland for a couple of months now. Not much luck with our service provider at all. This machine printed like a dream for first 7 months and on average we only print with it maybe every other day. It accidently had the main power shut off and left for a few days. I discovered this when it wouldn't print at all one day for me.

Spent hours cleaning heads and doing test prints. Had problems ever since. Then one night it pumped all the blue ink into the overflow jug and spilled all over floor and machine. My service provider then finally came out and replaced the pump under warranty.

Since that time we have had slight banding issues AND a little magenta in yellow and a little black in blue.

Since I had made NUMEROUS calls to my service provider and could get no help My wife called Roland direct...Possible big mistake. When she told them we were using triangle inks they said "oh, sorry...warranty void".

....at a loss, almost ready to trade machine on a 540....

ANybody have any ideas?

Thanks a million

:thankyou: :Coffee:

Ken

If you are doing a lot of 4 x8's or bigger then a 540 might be better for you.
BTW..there's a local shop here that calls themselves High Impact Signs...
Ken

mark in tx

Call up Triangle, they have some great people, very knowlegeable and they probably know as much about your machine as anyone at Roland.

high impact

Thanks for replies!!! My employee walked out on us last week so things have been a little hectic lately and I haven't been able to spend much time on this issue. We are up and running but it's not pleasant...have to run some ink through machine everyday to get the colors to straighten up in the test print before we start to print legitimat prints. Still have slight banding...it's ok but I'm kind of picky and know what this printer used to print like. Something is amiss. Honestly I think a major part of our problem it is from our supplier. Lousy service (great salesmen but no follow up) and now I can't even get the inks from them...why can't they get triangle ink now? They are the one who set up the machine in the begining with the Triangle bulk ink system. It has actually become funny...everytime we call our service provider they want to e-mail me a pic of a bad pump...argh.

I'm wondering if I have dampers going...I am going to have to find a tech from somewhere else close by to come check it out.

We are one hour from Chicago and 2 hours north of Indianapolis...anyone know of any good Roland dealers nearby?

high impact

Just fyi...replaced the capping stations.

Wow! problem cleared up right away...prints beautiful, even first thing in the morning again. Never thought it would be so easy!