• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help roland sp300v yellow magenta not firing

blk68rsss

I have had many print heads fail I thought. than a friend who has a sp300 use his syringe and pulled ink , cleaned than it worked after I changed the head. I have changed heads at least three time in 1 year. so possible in the service manual is there a head check for voltage, ohms, and also on the mother board? my magenta and yellow head stop firing again, so to save some funds I am looking for some help . I have changed the capping station. dampers. and pumped up ink , when I try to pull ink threw capping station I get a suction .Paul

blk68rsss

roland sp300v

I just ohmed out the fuse and it seems its bad. but transistor ? and would you know of an roland dealer in Arizona?

samjana

I just ohmed out the fuse and it seems its bad. but transistor ? and would you know of an roland dealer in Arizona?

Hi i had same issue with black. i replaced fuse but popped again - traced to faulty transistor check service manual as it has part numbers and which transistor goes for which head.- i purchased from roland dealer and replaced, also replaced head carriage cables from head to carriage board - problem fixed, saved the big $$ for getting tech in - i live in country side so techs are 4hrs drive away.
why did it happen? - well i was doing a clean and accidently moved the head cable :(
pm me and i could try give you more info
sam

robb1121

Transistor Blowing

I am having the same issue. Fuse was blown so soldered on a new one. Fusr blew as soon as sub-power was turned on. Traced problem down to a transistor that was out. Replaced transistor and put another new fuse in, and was able to print one job. On the next job there was no yellow and magenta again. Fuse was blown again and this time it is a different transistor. Anyone know what may cause this to keep blowing? I swapped the cable from the print heads to the carriage board (while all power was off and disconnected) and the same head blew the fuse and transistor. Everything printed fine for the one job I was able to do in between. Any help on what else to check would be greatly appreciated!!

Robb

robb1121

I am having the same issue. Fuse was blown so soldered on a new one. Fusr blew as soon as sub-power was turned on. Traced problem down to a transistor that was out. Replaced transistor and put another new fuse in, and was able to print one job. On the next job there was no yellow and magenta again. Fuse was blown again and this time it is a different transistor. Anyone know what may cause this to keep blowing? I swapped the cable from the print heads to the carriage board (while all power was off and disconnected) and the same head blew the fuse and transistor. Everything printed fine for the one job I was able to do in between. Any help on what else to check would be greatly appreciated!!

Robb

Replaced the transistor and fuse again, and was able to print continuously for about 2 hours. Transistor and fuse blow one the printer is sitting idle. Re-soldering all these pieces is getting old! Im left to believe the print head is the source of the problems...but that's an expensive thing to test!

samjana

Replaced the transistor and fuse again, and was able to print continuously for about 2 hours. Transistor and fuse blow one the printer is sitting idle. Re-soldering all these pieces is getting old! Im left to believe the print head is the source of the problems...but that's an expensive thing to test!

hi it is youre ribbon cables thats causing the transistor and fuse to blow, i changed my ribbon cables as advised and haven't had a problem since, the pins get out of line and or ink droplets on cables eats into it and shorts out.

hope this helps

mcrawford

checking transistors

Is there a way to check transistors? I ohm'd fuses and they are bad, got them on order.

Thanks.