• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help. Roland versaworks too much spacing!!

WrapYourCar

I'm trying to print and cut 1000 fridge magnets, the problem I'm facing is if I print too many at once the cutting becomes off target, so I've tried using the customCut feature, which works well except I'm getting approx 85mm gap between jobs, this is really annoying as the magnetic media is not that cheap, for me to print the entire run like this I would be wasting a lot of $$. Is there a way I can set the spacing between jobs to zero or only 10mm so I can minimise the wastage? I hope someone knows how it's driving me nuts!

kanini

I've noticed that the spacing you see with the customcut page size being larger than the series of prints that you run, you see a white spacing in the preview window but it actually don't waste that when printing. You should also set your "page spacing" to 0 or a small value.

WrapYourCar

Thanks Kanini, i called my roland tech support guy, and he was smart enough to find out what had gone wrong, the setting "Heater Feeding" was accidentally Enabled, which was causing the extra feeding of approx 50mm before printing and 50mm after printing making a gap of about 100mm!!! I must have triggered it by accident when trying to turn off the heater at one stage on the machine!