• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!!! scan motor error on vp540

82R909

The code: 0040 0040 ... it keeps stopping at the end anyone else ran into this problem? Thanks in advance

82R909

Hey bobby if i printed without the reg marks it was all good ... come to find out i had the 3.0 frimware and 3.10 updated that problem just updated it and it running good ... thanks a lot for the quick response

CS-SignSupply

Very cool. The slower carriage speeds can sometimes create a load on the motor also if any build up is on the carriage rail.

A drop or two of "3-in-1 Oil", also known as Machining Oil can help reduce the friction.

DO NOT USE WD-40 OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!

cbs

sp540v temperature tto high Message

please can anybody help me with this message TEMPEPATURE IS TOO HIGH but its only 70 degrees and i installed a new damper and now i get this message when i turn the printer on ????????????? THANKS

GSGservice

Did you precharge the damper with ink before replacing it? It sounds like the head may not have ink in it. All heads have a thermistor in them but only the black channel reads the thermistor during normal printing. FW 3.0 was known to cause this bug with the scan motor.

CS-SignSupply

Check to make sure the cuthead is securely fastened to the Carriage wire... there is a small screw that may get loose, or the plastic shielding of the Carriage wire may have been stripped. The motor error can be caused by the cuthead slipping on the Carriage Wire, worn motor, servo board, and more.