• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Signs sticking together

Signed Out

We recently made (1000) 6"x4"x.040" aluminum signs, (eco solvent printed orafal 3551/290 gloss). Packaged them in sets of 25, and sealed in polybags, and then packaged (10) sets of 25's into cardboard boxes to make boxes of (250).

Got a call today that the signs are all sticking together and are very hard to pull apart.

We know better than this not sure really why we sent them out this way. We are having the customer send them back to us so we can separate them and repackage them with sheets of braper in between them. Does this seem like the most feasible solution to this problem?

We don't often ship large quantity orders like this so moving forward we need to improve in this area.

If we laminated the signs with a textured or matte laminate, they wouldn't stick together? Is that correct? What if the customer needs to have a gloss finish. Is there a gloss laminate that won't stick when stacked? Is our best option when stacking and shipping like this, to put pieces of wax paper or baby powder in between every sign?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In this kinda weather, anything is gonna stick together, unless you sheet each and every one. If they weren't laminated or sheeted, I'm afraid you're gonna have quite a few to do over, again. Just be prepared.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I guess that sounds right...

I don't care what you laminate with, I'd always throw some backing paper or whatever in there so they don't touch

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
For pretty much all our signs, we just Use the backing sheet as a cover for the face when it’s done. At that size it should take about 5 seconds and a couple bits of tape to put it back on. Naturally with that quantity, it does add a bit more labour overall!

equippaint

We never seem to have issues with acm but aluminum always sticks. It seems to pull apart fine without any damage. We buy dish packing paper (newsprint) in sizes just a little larger than the sign so we dont have to trim it. For larger signs, foam packing wrap on the face and stack face to face

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Why not poly foam? We use it for all our signs.

https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/S-2599P/Foam/Foam-Roll-Perforated-1-32-6-x-2000
2000ft for $30 Canadian. From a real supplier it's probably $15. Perforated every 12"... You just put a sign in..fold... Put another..fold... And repeat. Tear off after 25 and package. It adds scratch protection as well. We use it for all our signs and we never have an issue.
Looks like a size of a toilet paper roll we need in around here...

Signed Out

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. We will try the newsprint out, seems like it'll do the trick.

Now any creative ideas on how to separate all the signs once we get them back? Wondering if leaving them in a refrigerator for a few hours might help? Place a stack on top of a plate tamper, let it rattle them apart?

Google is responsible for that. Allows cookies for ads to be placed on your computer and then if a website uses google ads on their website it will autofill that ad section with the cookie ads that it has saved based on your history. Remarketing is what google calls it. Turn off Cookies. Turn off those ads that follow you.