• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Small Printed Aluminum Chips

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I have a customer looking for a crazy request. They need 7000 .125" Aluminum chips printed with one color black text. Size is 3mm x 3mm (1.18" x 1.18"). I found someone who does metal name tags who can do them up to .032", but can't do them thicker.

Anyone have a source for something like this?

Tom

Try Grimco...1-800-542-9941 - I'm not sure if they can do it, but they are worth a shot.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I thought about the flatbed/router option but my concern is registration on such small pieces and them moving and us having registration issues. I've given them an initial quote from a metal nametag mfg and told them I would have to see the sample we are matching before I can quote it any further. I think they are way off on how thick the aluminum is.

We are doing this 3rd party (maybe 4th) so I am 2 levels away from the end user. You can only imagine how much it is to run down information for a quote like this.

I am hoping that they are domed decals that have a brushed silver label with the clear doming epoxy... I guess its possible that someone sees that and thinks its all aluminum.