• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help sought on color setup for Roland SC540V and CorelDraw X5

CutGrafix

Can anyone help with a setup to achieve a good color representation from CorelDraw X5 to a Roland 540V?

The problem I'm finding is that there are so many variables that I have no idea where to start. I'm working in bitmap and vector on a design PC in Corel X5 and sending finished art as an export in .eps format to Versaworks on a second PC designated solely for ripping and printing. The export process applies a color profile (or does it?) Then Versaworks applies another color profile, which I think is tied to the media profile (or is it?)

If anyone can let me know how they achieve at least a reasonable color reproduction, I'd be eternally grateful.

Rod Campbell
CutGrafix
Brisbane Australia

Jack Knight1979

Monitor Calibration: Pantone HUEY
Custom Profiling: eye1
Very good understanding of Versa Works is the most important.

A serious amount of trial and error.

To knock out perfect spot colors every time regardless of profile. the Roland Color Chart is a must. For corporate clients and color critical reproductions, the chart will knock out the same color day-in-day-out. As long as you're on the same media, the color will always be the same or so close the eye won't be able to tell the difference.

This chart only works in vector.

Feel free to PM me with specifics.

scuba_steve2699

Use the roland spot color system - you can read about it in the file I have attached.

Attachments

• Adding Roland spot color library in Corel.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 994

scuba_steve2699

Most likely you are experiencing a profile issue if the roland colors are not printing correctly or you forgot to check the convert spot colors box on the file format tab in versaworks.