• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! SP-300 "Sheet Set Error"

RPMGraphics

RPM Graphics
I have a sp-300 that when you pull the set lever down for the pinch rollers it shows a "sheet set error" set again as soon as the handle goes down, I know on my sp-540v printer it has showed that before but after it tried to scan the rollers and I replace the encoder strip to fix that problem but this one won't start to scan before the error pops up. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

InkjetAuction

Cut Carriage Cable

Stop messing with the encoder strip... it has nothing to with looking for pinch wheels.

You have a micro break in your cut carriage cable. This is a common issue.
The cut carriage cable carries three signals from the cut carriage to the mainboard...

1. Cropmark Sensor
  2. Pinch wheel Sensor
  3. Contour Knife Downforce Data

This cable will need to be replaced along with the two plastic guides in the track (approx $50 parts). Quick replacement.
See parts list below.

Parts List
Spacer.gif
Item NumberItem DescriptionList PriceQty on Hand
22305102 GUIDE,CUT CARRIAGE CABLE SP-300 YOU NEED TWO OF THESE$6.95 88

Parts List
Spacer.gif
Item NumberItem DescriptionList PriceQty on Hand
23475207 CABLE CARD 15P 1900 LONG SP-300 YOU NEED ONE OF THESE$26.15 117

These parts are available from your preferred Roland dealer (most stock these common parts).
This is an easy repair, but you should consult your dealer/tech for advise.

Note: While the cables are out, it would be a good time to clean out the track real good with isopropyl alcohol then use some Dry Teflon fluid (liquid application, quick dry) to coat the surfaces inside the track. This will help to prevent the cable/guides from kinking in the track.

Merry Christmas!

~E

DizzyMarkus

Is the lead or first roller located within one of the first THREE silver spots? One roller must be located in one of those three spots for ours to work .

Markus